Let Us Argue About Food. Be Nice.

Dude. You see the replies, right? So who is really the heretic? Hmmm?

So, no transfer of threadshit? :)

Good pizza is definitely not soggy.

It should be foldable and chewy, but the very bottom should be crispy.

You know what looks disgustingly soggy? ANY TV commercial for generic pizza chains. Each and every one shows people pulling these over topped slices out of a pizza and they flop disgustingly. They have obviously never had real NYC pizza. Which is NOT soggy.

Can we get to the part where California pizza is basically just salad on flatbread?

First of all,what the chart calls “Philly”, real pizza afficionados (New Yorkers) recognize as Neopolitan.

Second, can we discuss Mexican pizza? The Hawaiian Ruth ordered a while back had maraschino cherries. Weird, but not terrible.

Oh, I may live in the MidWest but my pizza tastes were developed well before I settled here. Honestly, when I think pizza, the default in my head is Papa Murphy’s take-and-bake, not any regional variety.

I’ll reiterate what I wrote in the other thread: Chicago deep dish is not pizza. It’s good. Damn tasty, in fact. But stop insisting that it’s pizza when it’s clearly not.

Never.

The best pizza toppings are pineapple, pepperoni and jalapeños (the three p’s)

I think you are in the wrong thread. Try Things you should never, under any circumstances, ingest but are technically food

Now I would not call them the best, I can dig the combination.

Personally there is an Italian beef pizza with giardiniera that a few places back home made. One by my old work made terrific Italian beef pizza. That’s not nessecarially my favorite, but it was absolutely one I would get whenever the opportunity presented.

Cold pizza is good for a sex toy.

I had good pizza in Chicago, but it was thin-crust.

There is a kind of pizza here in Oregon that I never see cataloged along side other regional types. In my family we always called it “red crust” pizza, but I’ve also occasionally seen it described as “Northwest style” in menus.

Here’s some photos:

It’s sauced to the edge, has a cracker crisp bottom, but the top of the crust bubbles up and separates from the base as a chewy top layer. Done well it is divine.

Yup. A good NY-style slice is as close as American pizza generally gets to an Italian Neopolitan-style pizza. The more foldable quality generally comes from the pies being bigger than an Italian pizza (which you can also fold), but the texture and thickness are pretty close to the Italian one.

It shouldn’t be soggy when it’s fresh.

AKA the phenomenon that occurs every time I eat pizza from [YOUR FAVORITE CITY].

I know. It shouldn’t be good, it doesn’t make sense. I was skeptical when I first tried it. But it’s damned delicious.

Look - I’m a NY style pizza person. I grew up in Central Jersey, just outside the city. There were dozens of small hole in the wall pizza joints in my town, with the pizzeria up front, and the traditional Italian restaurant in back behind a curtain. I’m fairly certain at least half of them were fronts for mob activity, because otherwise I have no idea how they stayed in business. Universally, they were amazing.

Then I moved to Illinois, and after like forty million years, my wife finally got me to try Chicago style pizza. And … it was good. Maybe it’s not what I mean when I say the word “pizza”, but damn it is tasty.

So I’m open to new pizza adventures. Which is why I know St. Louis style is garbage, but Pi is great. And I should correct my earlier post; it’s cornMEAL crust, not cornBREAD. But it’s still amazing.

Dang that looks good.

He’s wrong, but wonderful in how he goes about it.