Let Us Argue About Food. Be Nice.

You’re saying Jon Stewart is…wrong?

I’ve only had pizza once in Tokyo.

It wasn’t very good. Basically zero to no tomato sauce. Just dull dough with their staple horrid cheese-like substance.

Look.

You put the olive oil on the bread.

You have already chopped the shit out of some garlic. Good job. Put that shit all over the olive oil and bread.

Salt. Pepper. Whatever. Just smear that shit around. And the garlic? Fuck yeah, the garlic.

Cheese, duh. No, asshole. Slow your roll.

Now you put the things on. I don’t know. Maybe you have a local butcher you like. Fuck yeah, he knows the sausage situation. Get that. Or maybe you’re not Mister Fucking Red Meat. That’s okay too.

You wanna put on some roasted chicken you pulled off a fucking bone? Hell yeah, you put that shit right on there. Little tofu? You marinated it, right? Dope. Slap it on. Straight up “fuck meat” like all this societal bullshit is terrible? Hell yeah, I don’t give a fuck, put some broccoli and onions all over it.

You know what? Put some broccoli and onion all over it anyway. Them shits: Delicious.

Okay, we’ve gotten our shit mostly together. We have a crust (dope). We have some toppings (also dope). We don’t have a bunch of fucking tomatoes and sugar, aka American pizza sauce, because we are not monsters. Awesome.

We just have some bread, olive oil, garlic, and toppings.

Finally, yes, it’s time for some cheese.

Fuck yeah, cheese. You think it sucks to be an American? It fucking does not. Cheese is awesome. Mozzarella? Fuck you, it’s American. Cheddar? American as fuck. Parmesan? Hell yeah.

Just drop whatever you like on top of your pie. Cheese fucking rules. Good job.

Bake it. Bake the shit out of it. You want me to tell you how to oven? Fuck you. Like 425 until whatever. Try not to light your house on fire.

20 minutes later: You’re fucking welcome. So good. Pizza fucking rules.

I have to admit, Adam, that that does sound amazing.

It has sauce. Not sure why you think it doesn’t. The sauce is part of the taste.

Well, I don’t think Pi is that great.

You can find all different kinds of pizza in St. Louis, from very thin to stuff like Pi and plenty in-between. There are a lot of authentic Italian restaurants that serve good pizza and quite a few pizzerias with a distinctive taste.

It’s just that Imo’s is what people refer to when they talk about a St. Louis style pizza. I like it but I like other local pizzas too.

To be clear, that chart is wrong.

Philadelphia pizza is just new York pizza.

I love pizza of all kinds. You got sauce cheese and a crust, I am there.

Pretty much me, too, but the thicker the pie the less desirable it becomes. So I lean towards thin crust. Pizza should be something I can hold in my hand and not something I eat with a fork.

Slash thread.

Now onto real food.

You can hold Chicago style in your hand. From experience you’ll end up with toppings everywhere like… half of the time, but it’s totally doable!

I concur.

You all need to be watching this:

Really Dough?

This thread is funny. “The second Civil War was fought over…pizza.”

I guess I am a heretic because I like most of the various pizza styles. Deep dish, thin crust, pan, whatever. I will say that I love Detroit style pizza, properly crisped in a steel pan. Its fantabulous!

Okay, but how do we feel about cast iron pizza?
I have made a few, and I need to practice more.

Also, how do we feel about pizza made with alternative breads, ie, Pizza Bagels, or Pizza Naan Bread, or Pita Pizza. Can those be considered pizza?

Anyone in the Detroit area owes it to themselves to go to Curry on Crust in Canton. Indian pizza! Paneer chicken curry pizza? Hell yes.

Been making Detroit style at home. You’re right. That crispy cheese edge is something special.

Anyone know what piada is? A friend was in Ohio raving about piadas, which look like italian burritos. As far as I can google, it’s some chain italian-themed chipotle-wannabe. He’s trying to argue it’s authentic Italian-American.

Piada is an overpriced chain trying to sell mediocre wraps as some fine Italian street dining experience. I went there once after they opened here and have no desire to go back - your Googling is correct.