Let Us Argue About Food. Be Nice.

I could eat bagel bites as the day is long.

When pizza’s on a bagel, you can eat pizza any time.

Disagree. Bagels are too thick, too chewy, and not crispy. This leads to topping slippage. Opposite problem with french bread pizzas, they are too substantial, too crunchy, the ratio between crust and cheese is all off. That balance, that ratio, that is everything.

This is why the best pizza has a fairly thin bottom, to get that ratio right, and alternative pizza types like Detroit or grandma-style have very crisp but not substantial crusts, that are flavorful in their own right.

Image result for respect knuckles

ftfy5

Hi from sunny SoCal.

My kids’ favorite pizza has spinach, capers and yogurt on it. My favorite (before I stopped eating meat a few months ago) had roast turkey, caramelized pears, feta and walnuts. Dear god it was good. I’m still pretty partial to a good rosemary potato, feta, garlic, and scallion pizza.

It’s odd how this whole thread is about tomato cheese pie. If it doesn’t have artichoke hearts on it and fresh arugula sprinkled on top, it’s not really edible.

My wife once had a cauliflower pizza crust. Sadly, I did not have a time to try it, but seemed to think it was okay.

Cauliflower crust is a barely acceptable substitute for a regular crust, but shouldn’t be consumed by anyone who can tolerate gluten.

I have be practicing making my own dough, with mixed results, but I have found that Naan Bread makes an excellent bread for Pizzas. Although I guess it’s more of a flat bread.

This thread… <.recoils in horror>

I can’t tell if you’re all deliberate buzzkills, or just too old, because “only 90s kids will remember.”

I had them recently, Amazon Prime Now had a sale for $1.99. They sucked.

Hot Pockets hold up much better, if you can wait long enough so you don’t burn the roof of your mouth.

They’re for kids. Kids love them.

Pizza rolls are also acceptable forms of pizza.

I love how the NYC crowd is all like, “this is pizza.” Actually no, it’s New York style pizza.

This is pizza. Straight from the heart of where it came from. Cooked the way it has been from that time until now, and changed very little.

That’s Naples, Italy, and that is actual pizza. Others are -styles-. There is room for all of them.

I don’t really follow your point. NY “style” is a hell of a lot closer to your “actual pizza” than Chicago.

I can’t believe I’m all “actually” in a food thread, but even among Italian cities, there is bitter and contentious debate about what methods and ingredients constitute pizza.

But not the city that started it all. Thus Neapolitan pizza.

Yeah, there is no debate in Naples. The rules from the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana are here:

Neapolitan pizza popularized the kind with tomato sauce, thin chewy crust, and cheese. Pizza though, the actual original pizza, came from around 990-1000 AD and was a flatbread, olive oil, and various toppings affair.