Let us discuss our medication. A thread for bitching about meds.

I found out from the doctor I have a kidney stone. Is there any way to shrink it with medications? No real symptoms right now other than minor pain in the hip area, as well as blood in the urine.

I think your options are limited. Some people say to drink a bunch of apple cider vinegar over time (any vinegar will do; people just prefer the apple cider for taste), but other than that the only thing I’ve seen is shockwave treatment.

I think this is the unfortunate case with a ton of medications. I went on Levothyroxine for hypo-thyroidism about five years ago, because my TSH count was technically a bit too high. I cannot tell the slightest thing that the Levothyroxine is actually doing for me. I do not have more energy, have not noticed any changes for the better, etc. But that number was high, so on it I went.

Now I find that the number of hypothyroid diagnoses has skyrocketed in the last decade or so, and there is question in the medical community whether all of these people really need to be on the drug.

I kind of dread going to the doctor now, because they seem to like to throw you on things so quickly and without any thought other than what the flow chart says.

The other thing is that doctors all seem to believe the pharma company hype that there are no real problems with being on a ton of drugs. I don’t buy it. I think this shit is bad for you over an extended period of time, and I resist being on anything I don’t have to be.

I honestly expect that we’re going to find certain age related things like Alzheimers have increased because of the lifelong effect of being on shit like SSRIs, and similar drugs. In some cases, the drugs are necessary. But I think a lot of times, doctors just prescribe them because of their “it can’t hurt” bullshit belief in the doctored (no pun intended) scientific literature that the drug companies put out.

Mid 30s, and the only medication I take is Ritalin (well, generic brand). Three pills a day during a work day and otherwise I just take it if things need to get done.

It made a big difference for me. Before I went on Levothyroxine I was sluggish and always felt cold no matter the weather. Weird thing was it was my mom’s ex-boyfriend who “diagnosed” my symptoms.

A visit to Disneyland costs more than a visit to the ER almost!

See the thing is, I always feel cold, no matter what the weather. But the Levothyroxine doesn’t do anything about that, or anything else. I literally notice no difference on it (even though it brings my TSH levels back into the normal range).

Pro Tip: There are roller coasters that are not in a Disney park.

Isn’t everyone in this thread too old to ride roller coasters? I know I am. I get midly dizzy after an elevator ride.

I’ve had five of the damn things over the past 30 years, and while they all eventually passed on their own, one of them took 6 months, and by the end, I was in extreme pain, and had scheduled Lithotripsy (about $10,000) even though I did not have insurance.

Anyway, all my doctors told me there is no med to break the stone; it’s purely a physics problem by the time you have pain. A change of diet will help for prevention, however.

At this point for you, if it is small enough to pass on its own, the only thing you can do is drink lots of water to hurry it along. Good luck to you, as the pain can get extreme and unrelenting as time goes on.

Following surgery some years ago in the pituitary gland, I take some hormones. Pills with thyroid hormone in the morning and an injection of growth hormone before bed time. I feel like Lance Armstrong going to bed. The full cost is covered by national healthcare, which is lucky, since the growth hormone is really expensive.

It’s a prescription coaster.

But the study you linked to only mentions Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! I don’t want to spend money and risk my health on some possibly counterfeit Chinese ride that is not proven to work and may actually be harmful.

True but Canadian coasters are considered high quality and should be pharmaceutically effective. I live in Michigan and many people go to Canada because of cost.

That’s funny. A lot of Americans go there for medication too.

Apologies to the previous two posters (who I just flagged) if you are real. Resurrecting a two-year old thread to talk about cheap meds from Canada sounds . . . botlike.

Yeah looks like SEO text to me. Flagged.