Lethal Weapon 5: Donner is getting too old for this sh!t

I don’t know if the world is ready for a Mel Gibson redemption, but this is happening with Donner at the helm.

In case anyone skips the article: Richard Donner is 91 years old.

Gibson is almost 65 and Glover is 75. There will be many bengay jokes.

Wow, this is very cool. I’m looking forward to it. I’ve only seen each Lethal Weapon movie only once, but I enjoyed each one in its own way. I remember sitting in the theater during the 4th one and feeling like the entire movie felt like it was improvised, which I actually found pretty refreshing. It’s as if the staff all got together without a script and said, let’s do this shit, we don’t need a script, let’s do it live. And they did it live. And it wasn’t perfect, but it was still hilarious at points.

Wonder if Joe Pesci will be back.

Because what the movie needs… Leo Getz. ;)

Whatever you need…

I am sad the Lethal Weapon TV show got canceled. It was actually really good. Even the weird season 3 without Riggs.

They fuck you at the drive-through!

Alright, alright, alright!

Glover really looks his age. I’ll assume the action scenes will be jokes.

Weren’t they always? I mean, one of the set pieces was him sitting on a toilet that was wired to explode if he stood up!

TIL there was a 4th Lethal Weapon movie. Not sure if I should go look it up.

I recall it being enjoyable.

Was that the one with the four fathers and Jet Li kicking ass ? Because that’s all I remember from that movie.

I remember enjoying it a lot at the time, but at 14 I was probably the target audience.

Lethal Weapon 4 is so old (1998) that Riggs’ and Lorna’s kid would be 22 years old now!

Yup. I remember thinking I was a genius because I figured out how they’d escape having their car pushed in front of the oncoming train, I remember Jet-Li dismantling their firearms, and that’s all I remember.

It’s also the only Lethal Weapon movie I’ve ever seen.

Mind blown.

I don’t know why, but I remembered LW4 coming out in the mid-2000s. But you’re right, it came out in 1998.

I will say that I will forever remember the banter between Joe Pesci and Chris Rock in 4, because it’s goddamn hilarious.

IMO they’re all good in their own ways. Definitely worth watching 1-3.

I don’t care for Gibson as a person anymore, but it’s hard to deny the chemistry between him and Glover. The pairing worked and I hope it works again all these years later.

Gibson is pretty shitty, but I’ll watch a good Lethal 5. I enjoyed the ones I saw.