Lethal Weapon is going to be a TV show now

And they got a replacement…

That was his side of the story. So he portrayed himself as sympathetically as possible.

I really don’t see the Stiffmeister as Riggs, but I guess we’ll see how it goes. Crawford may have been problematic behind the scenes, but he was truly great in that part.

Yeah, I don’t think I am gonna enjoy season 3. :(

So, Damon Wayans dropped some thoughts it seems…

Wayans, who plays Roger Murtaugh, posted a video and image to his Twitter account showing the circumstances surrounding an injury he sustained from a piece of shrapnel on set during an episode Crawford, who played Martin Riggs, was directing. Wayans set his account to private shortly after posting the tweets.

In the video, a small explosion can be seen behind Wayans as he stands near a pillar on set. He then jerks forward with a pained expression and reaches his hand to his head as though hit by something. The image posted in the following tweet shows a cut on his head, which Wayans indicated was from the explosion.

“Now that the fate of the show is solidified…I’d like to address the TWITTER outrage with this video and image to follow,” Wayans wrote, referring to the backlash the show received online at the idea of its >continuation without Crawford.

“How does shrapnel from this hit me on the opposite side of the head? #directedby@claynecrawford,” read the second tweet.

Wayans then posted the explanation he was presumably given for the incident. “Below is a rendering seeking to explain yesterday’s incident. It turns out there was a second shooter, to Damon’s left, on the other side of the pillar behind which his character was crouched, which accounts for what he heard from his left side. @claynecrawford #noapology.”

Wayans added in further tweets that Crawford “became uninsurable” and “relished in making female[s] cry,” and posted an image of a sticker he says could be seen around the lot, which bears the phrase “Clayne Crawford is an emotional terrorist” with an image of Crawford. He also alleged that Crawford “hit another actor in the mouth with a bottle of green tea and busted his mouth open.”

So I am confused, who did he make cry? No one else has come out against him publicly besides Wayans.

Crawfords twitter has received a few posts of support for the actor by visiting guests on the show.

https://twitter.com/ClayneCrawford

Could be any number of people who aren’t actually actors, and who might fear speaking up due to possibility if reprisal. If that’s true, that’s deplorable, but it wouldn’t be the first time. I am just speculating, though.

This show was a fun guilty pleasure. So over the top stupid, yet completely endearing. Everybody else was pretty replaceable I thought, but not Riggs. Too bad he sounds like an asshole on set, was fun watching said asshole on screen.

Fuck. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.

I was coming in here to say I finally finished the first season and loved it so much! I loved how it cleverly grafted the movie(s) into the show, without being slavish in doing so. And how I love how it weirdly became all Sicario at the end of the season, and made me want to watch that again.

And now I come in here and read all this crap and have to hate Clayne Crawford–I even just mentioned him in a movie thread dangit–and now I don’t even want to bother to watch season two.

Fuck.

-xtien

“Hate him back. It works for me.”

And season 2 was really good! :(

The only thing clear from that article is that Riggs and Murtaugh hated each other behind the scenes. It’s unclear which of them is truly at fault-- my guess is both, but Riggs got caught yelling on camera.

Yep, 2 sides of the story, both probably could have handled it better.

This show is done after the 3rd season, the viewership drop off will kill it for sure.

Ugh…

Oh wow, the green screen when they are up on that truck was some SNL shit right there. Is FOX pulling a bunch of the budget out from under them as well?

Yep and its a short order season, 13 episodes.

They know it’s probably dead, but are probably fenced in by contracts making it worthwhile to give it a shot.

haha that looks terrible. Then again, I thought the promos for the first season looked terrible too.

— Alan

Promos for the first season actually got me to watch (and then enjoy) the first two years. I never thought anything about it as I watched it - just a fun show to have on in the background with great production and characters. Then the news broke as season 2 ended and I had to cringe - I think it would have been better to end it after season 2, but I assume that like @stusser surmised, there are probably contracts involved somehow.

Yep, same reason the Roseanne show is going on without Roseanne. Everybody knows it’s going to crash and burn but everybody was under contract so what the heck, throw it at the wall and see if it sticks.

In all fairness to the Roseanne show, its got some good people involved and Goodman is fully capable of making it work. I cant say the same for Lethal Weapon. Wayans was the weak link to begin with and now he’s the headliner. This has cancel written all over it.