Lethal Weapon is going to be a TV show now

So the first 2 episodes of this for 2019 have been fantastic. We have 4 to go and then I guess its over?

How crazy is it to have a main cast member get killed off (with all the behind the scenes drama), and then replaced by someone who I dare say has filled their shoes and maybe even been better?

If anything, the writers on this show are some of the best currently working.

Bowman and the Doc are gone now for quite awhile.
Leo Getz needs his own show!

“They found the bike dumped under an overpass in Tujunga.”

HEY! That’s where I live! Woo-hoo!

I miss Claine Crawford, but I love Sean William Scott anyway, and I think he’s doing a fine job filling difficult shoes. The real problem is the sleepwalking Damon Wayans is doing. Frankly it’s embarrassing given how much everybody else is putting into the show.

-xtien

“Mind if I use that portable keyhole?”

That sums it up. They did a great job of writing Seans character into the show and he has been pretty good in the role. Not an easy thing to do, setting into Crawford’s place, as he was pretty much perfect as Riggs but he and the writers have done surprisingly well. OTOH as you mentioned Wayans is phoning it in. I feel like they could move on from Wayans character and give SWS a new older partner to maintain that dynamic and actually improve the show.

I found the doctor!

This weeks past episode was alright ,dealt with illegal immigrants and corrupt border patrol.

2 episodes left, then what? Is Wayans going to stay? Are they going to keep a show on the air where both original leads are gone?

I don’t see why not. It all comes down to casting, really. The Stiffmeister worked out, so why couldn’t they just kill off Murtogh, bust the guy playing the chief down to detective (or hire someone new) and keep going? Or just pull a Becky Connor and recast the part without changing the character and don’t say anything about it?

Well its been a good season all in all. Don’t read this unless you’ve seen the final episode of season 3.

I am sitll pissed Clayne is gone. Will there be a fourth?

While I agree I enjoyed and miss Clayne’s character, I think I honestly preferred Sean Scott’s alternate character a bit more.

I liked them both. Truthfully all the cast has been top notch.

Wish the on set drama could have been worked out, Clayne was great and he is missed. Scott turned out to be fantastic.

It would be an amazing twist to have Clayne’s “Riggs” character show up next year and become a big part of the story, like he faked his own death or something crazy. Be nice if these guys could bury the hatchet and do something like that because just imagine the blown minds.

That would be my favourite timeline.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned, as I’m behind in watching the show and thus avoiding the posts, but Daniel Bernhardt plays The Swede in this! I love that guy. He was in John Wick!

Crap. Now I want to watch John Wick. Yet again.

-xtien

“He’s an orangutan. And his performance will make you weep.”

I fucking love this show. I cannot even believe it, based on my reaction to what happened when Clayne Crawford left. I’m still angry about that, but Seann William Scott is really good, and he’s very well written. I stupidly didn’t think he could handle the darker moments. I guess I forgot how much I love Goon.

Also…I love it when a show or movie introduces me to a new song.

A couple of weeks ago my teenage son wore me down and we watched the first movie together (okay…the first three). I had been reluctant. It’s great to watch the end of this season having seen the movies again so recently.

-xtien

“Is this what all weddings are like. Because that was awesome.”

Also…I love this. It’s kind of got a Band of Horses vibe. Mixed with a little Spoon.

I like songs that make me want to practice guitar and singing more.

-xtien

-This isn’t a vacation is it?
-It never is.

I have to agree. When I learned about Clayne being fired, I figured the show was toast. No way could they carry on without him. Major props to the writers, as they have pulled off what I figured was impossible. And props to Williams as well. He has done an excellent job with the role. I miss Crawford as he was pretty much perfect for the role of Riggs but Williams has really filled that void well. Now they need to dump Wayans and bring Crawford back. Then team him with Williams and let the good times roll.

What about Lethal Weapon 4?

That’s probably going to be tonight. I’ll let you know.

-xtien

SAD but not unexpected.