Let's complain about our bodies

I’m peeing through a strainer during a worldwide pandemic with Donald Trump in the White House, I don’t even know what the fuck is going on anymore.

Last year I had blood in the urine (but no stone for some reason) and was told to drink larger amounts of water. This year I have heart issues and am told to drink smaller amounts of water.

:(

I remember passing gall stones and thinking how terrible that was, and then hearing that kidney stones made passing gall stones seem like a walk in the park. I feel for you, and hope things get better ASAP.

My stupid eye on the cancer side is generating more floaters as time goes on.

I mostly don’t notice, but if I’m looking at a fairly even canvas of any kind (a white website background is the worst) they’re super, super noticeable.

Last I checked there’s some laser therapy for nuking whatever the bits are that cause the floaters, but goddamn.

If this is the same as what I had in 2012 it is f*cking painful. I was on a 1 week army exercise which had me frozen at the end. Couldn’t feel fingers or toes, or even ears at the end of it.

Took a week to defrost, all painful.

Apart from that, I have been blessed. I have pitysoriasis versicolor, which is entirely harmless and doesn’t embarass me.

No gout etc. Pretty happy with things. But very careful to take care of it.

Turns out it was Covid toes my friend, and I had Covid-19! But thank you for the concern :) You take care of yourself too!

I’m woefully ignorant here, but…covid toes?

Are they infectious? Did they change shape? Special socks?

I’ll go read the covid mega thread tonight.

They look at lot like chilblains, but I also got little leaky scabs too. It is supposed to be a side effect of the immune system kicking into overdrive.

Stress seems to be a huge trigger for gout. Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkk.

I read that concentrated, unsweetened cherry juice was good for gout. And it seems to be true. As long as I had the unopened bottle in the fridge, I had no flare ups. As soon as the wife threw it away the gout came back.

Hah! I actually have a bottle sitting here, I should take some…

I think cherries are a well known help, for some people. So are a few other things I expect sufferers googled already :)

I buy cherry juice by the case, always have some in the fridge. I mix it with carbonated water (Soda Stream!) for a pretty low-carb healthy drink.

There’s a prescription for gout that works well in my experience. The cherry juice didn’t seem to do much.

Fuck me, it’s much worse today. Pulled the trigger on asking the doc to go ahead with the allopurinol prescription. Hopefully that helps. I know some folks swear by it.

On the 4th of July, I attended a backyard socially-distant barbecue at a friend’s house. Kids were there throwing glowsticks around in lieu of fireworks and ended tossing one over the backyard fence, which fronts on a canyon. I–43 year old slightly overweight but vigorous man that I am–volunteered to hop over the fence, proceed carefully down the canyon slope (wearing flip-flops of course because this is Southern California) to the bottom and retrieve the glow stick. No problem. I came back up the slope and hopped the fence again. Hopping back over though was more difficult because I was on the slope below the fence. I had to leverage myself over the fence using my chest… and apparently ended up bruising my ribs. Seemed innocuous at the time, but it’s been painful enough that I haven’t been able to jog, sleep on my side, or move my right arm with any speed above “slowly” for the last week and a half. This is exactly the kind of injury I’d have shaken off 10 years ago and not even noticed the next day. This whole “injuries take 3 times as long to heal” thing is the worst.

Anything that messes with your ribs or the rest of your core, man. Awesome, literally everything I do hurts now! Whee!

Hell yeah. Tripped over the dog (I say tripped, I believe it was attempted murder, fluffy white bastard) hit my head on the doorjamb and landed on my right side. As bad as my head hurt it was nothing compared to my right ribcage. Every fucking breath was agony. Forget coughing, I nearly blacked out. And it lasted forever. Not sure if it was bruised or maybe cracked.

Color me shocked at not being fucked over by the medical industrial complex for once.

Rheumatologist didn’t insist on painful in person test for gout, prescribed me control medication (allopurinol) over the phone.

Cost is less than $8 per three months supply.

Rib stuff hurts way more than it should. Living through fractures right now. If I hadn’t gotten nerve blocks I’m not sure what I would have done (probably nothing). I’m not sure if you would have shaken it off the next day ten years ago since the rib nerves are so terribly sensitive.