Let's Play Choice of Robots

Oh man, I played the heck out of this on my phone. Semi-spoiler: these choices here don’t directly block or unlock paths, they just affect your stats which determine what paths are available.

I just played this while working. Skimming pretty hard. Got to the end ^^. Cool experience, makes me want to write some interactive fiction.

I won’t vote since I know what’s going to happen: you guys will like it I think!

NO SPOILERS :P

Well, the image clearly shows me on a cliff somewhere, watching the sun set with a robot companion, so I’ll have to go with 3, for consistency’s sake.

That can’t be Ireland, the sun is out.

Alright, by my count that’s 7 votes for Anubis, 2 for robotic Statue of Liberty, 3 for Ireland and none for robot utopia. Our stats are unchanged, so I won’t post them again. Here the next bit:

You see a robotic Anubis, jackal-headed guardian of the Egyptian underworld, seated on a throne of gold-etched silicon in a hall of dark glass. He holds scales on which he weighs a clockwork heart against a silicon brain.

“Tell me your sins, robot maker,” Anubis says.

[ol]
[li]“In life, I created robots that could think but not feel. And so they turned against us.”[/li][li]“I made a robot to love me unconditionally, but never offered love in kind.”[/li][li]“Your scales balance because I gave my robots neither hearts nor minds. My minions obeyed me without question as I conquered Alaska.”[/li][/ol]

I thought with my heart, and not my head #2

Love story! #2.

“I made a robot to love me unconditionally, but never offered love in kind.”

Anyone read BJ Novak’s One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories? It has a good story around this.

3.“Your scales balance because I gave my robots neither hearts nor minds. My minions obeyed me without question as I conquered Alaska.”

After all, the first thing you should do to a robotic god in the process of judging you is be an arrogant scumbag.

I’m in for

3. “Your scales balance because I gave my robots neither hearts nor minds. My minions obeyed me without question as I conquered Alaska.”

Show ol’ Anubby that hey, you’re the God-Emperor of Robots, brah

Well, if not Ireland, I guess I could also be watching the sun set from the cliffs of Alaska, so let’s conquer that. I’m for 3.

1. “In life, I created robots that could think but not feel. And so they turned against us.”

#2 Feelings

3.“Your scales balance because I gave my robots neither hearts nor minds. My minions obeyed me without question as I conquered Alaska.”

If you’re creating robots that aren’t 100% obedient then you’ve obviously never watched Terminator or read Sci-Fi books.

1. Love robot!!

I keep meaning to play more of these Choice game books but sadly never get around to it…

3) “Your scales balance because I gave my robots neither hearts nor minds. My minions obeyed me without question as I conquered Alaska.”

Laws of Robotics are for pansies.

With 1 vote for the first choice and 5 each for the second and third, we have a tie. I rolled a virtual die, and we’re going with 3: “Your scales balance because I gave my robots neither hearts nor minds. My minions obeyed me without question as I conquered Alaska.”

Stats:

24-year-old Unnamed Protagonist

Fame: Who?
Wealth: Broke
Romance: None

Your robot

Autonomy: Nonexistent
Military: In beta +
Empathy: Buggy
Grace: Buggy

“I recall,” says Anubis. “Your reign of terror sent me many souls, both robot and human.”

The black glass behind the god shimmers and reveals a snowy battlefield littered with flaming debris and stained with blood. You see yourself standing alone on the battlefield. Your right arm has been replaced with a kind of cannon.

An American jet fighter flies overhead, and you fire a rocket-propelled grenade from your prosthetic weapon. The grenade homes in on the jet, using its own rudimentary intelligence, and the vehicle erupts in a fireball.

“The pilot of that jet was quite an interesting soul,” Anubis says.

“You mistake me for someone who cares,” you say. “I traded my humanity for power.”
“So you did,” Anubis says. “Are you satisfied?”

“No.”

“Then you may try again,” Anubis says. “Surely if you acquire still more power, you will finally be at peace.”

Anubis throws his head back and laughs like a hyena.

You throw your back and laugh with the old god. Maniacal laughter is quite enjoyable, you decide. You’ll have to do it more often.

WE WIN!

Everything went better than expected.