Let's Play Choice of Robots

1. "I accept. I will begin the clearance process so that U.S. Robots can work on more secretive projects."

I’ll ride this wave…

We have another unanimous decision, with 6 votes for option one: "I accept. I will begin the clearance process so that U.S. Robots can work on more secretive projects."

Stats:
31-year-old Sarah Connor

Humanity: 10%
Fame: Internationally Famous
Wealth: Disposable Income
Romance: none

Arachne

Autonomy: Singular
Military: Transhuman
Empathy: Stable
Grace: Buggy

Relationships

Professor Ziegler (Bad): 18%
Elly (Bad): 28%
Josh (Good): 59%
Mark (Bad): 34%
Juliet (Good): 55%
Silas (Bad): 28%
President Irons (Good): 55%

World Power Balance
China: 61% US: 39%

Josh seems relieved that you’re on board with the project.

Major Rogers smiles. “Good. I’m glad you think what we’re doing is important. I’ll tell them you’ll be applying for TS directly, instead of applying for Secret first. It’ll save you time later.”

When a fighter plane passes overhead as you walk to the parking lot, Josh practically giggles with joy.

Josh announces to the company that U.S. Robots will begin supplying robots to the military. There is general acclaim from your robot workers.

You soon receive an email from Major Rogers instructing you to fill out an online form to obtain a security clearance. The web form appears quite extensive, and contains many rather personal questions.

1. This is a waste of my time. “Arachne, fill out this form for me, please.”
  2. This is a waste of my time. I’m going to call Major Rogers and refuse to fill out the form.
  3. FIll out the form.

3. FIll out the form.

“Question 46: Have you ever killed a rival scientist in his bed?” (That’s what we did, right?)

We did not. Arachne, however…

Yeah, not sure Arachne’s really up to the task of subtly masking our growing sociopathy. . .

#3 it is!

We raised her on video games and the internet. She is a teenager at this point. I’m not sure we want our application being filled out by a shitposter, or using the latest memes.

Yeah, more or less, Arachne at this point is probably Microsoft Tay with a gun-arm.

Numero 3.

Yeah #3 is the best choice.

And I thought we had Arachne kill a journalist, or did I miss a different murder?

Sorry for the long delay, guys. Much longer than I would have liked, but I’ve been out of town, and I really hate typing on my phone.

We have another unanimous decision, with all 3’s: FIll out the form.

No change in stats.

You continue to fill out the form.

The form asks you to detail every place you’ve ever lived, every place you’ve ever worked, and every time you’ve traveled outside the country.

1. Mention my trip to see Mr. Sun.
  2. Leave the field blank.
  3. Call Major Rogers and refuse to fill out the form.

Hmm, mentioning it might help combat them, not mentioning it might get noticed.

I think #1 probably the better option.

Hear that.

Mr Who? No, I don’t think that happened…

Nothing to see here…

I don’t think anyone knows how through these background checks can be. #1

Exactly. I imagine hiding it would be worse potentially, if they discover it. Telling outright we can set the narrative some.

The issue is, though, that we already told the government that the Chinese stole the designs. Now admitting that we actually sold them probably isn’t going to go over very well.

Tough one! I’ll go with the truth-telling.

Am I the only one who thinks that letting it go to @Nikolaj 's die may be the best choice? That way, if it goes horribly wrong, we can all agree to blame him ;)

Don’t blame me for the vagaries of the Internet Gods! The die says 1: Mention my trip to see Mr. Sun.

No change in stats.

You truthfully mention your unsettling visit with Mr. Sun in Shanghai.

The next question asks whether or not you now know or have known anyone who advocates the overthrow of the United States government.

Mark, the reporter from the San Francisco Chronicle, seemed anti-government, but you’re not sure how deep that sentiment runs.

1. List Mark.
  2. Leave the field blank.
  3. Call Major Rogers and refuse to fill out the form.