Let's Play Choice of Robots

Ta! 5chars

I’m good with that, #2 it is.

We have another unanimous decision! We’ll go with 2: "Only once, in graduate school."

No change in stats.

The agent looks disappointed - apparently he’d hoped you’d admit to more.

“What is this about?” you finally ask, losing your patience.

“It is illegal to export certain technologies by sharing them with foreign nationals,” the agent says. “As a consultant to the United States military, your technology falls into this category.”

“But I didn’t any information with her.”

“I see,” the agent says. He gets out his phone, a clunky black thing that looks government-issued. Arachne crawls up to the agent, curious about the phone, but the agent pointedly ignores her.

“I suppose that’s plausible,” he says, examining something on the phone. “Very well. Let me know if she does anything suspicious.”

The agent turns to leave.

1. “I have a question for you first. Are you the good guys, or just some guys?”
  2. Text Elly, telling her that the Feds are after her.
  3. I tell Arachne to attack the agent.
  4. I let the agent go about his business.

We burned that bridge long ago. Leave Elly to her fate.

Yeah we just went through all this trouble - and paperwork! - to get this cool government contract. It’s not worth risking that for someone who kind of hates us.

4. I let the agent go about his business.

Didn’t she get mad at us for making war-bots? I think it’ll be ironic that we help her by offing a dude!

When in doubt, be a smartass.

1. "I have a question for you first. Are you the good guys, or just some guys?"

For shits and giggles more than anything:

We have 3 four’s, 2 three’s and 1 one, which means we’re going to let the agent go about his business.

Stats:
31-year-old Sarah Connor

Humanity: 8%
Fame: Internationally Famous
Wealth: Quite Wealthy +
Romance: none

Arachne

Autonomy: Singular
Military: Singular
Empathy: Stable
Grace: In Beta

Relationships

Professor Ziegler (Bad): 18%
Elly (Bad): 28%
Josh (Good): 59%
Mark (Bad): 34%
Juliet (Good): 55%
Silas (Bad): 28%
President Irons (Good): 55%

World Power Balance
China: 48% US: 52%

You allow the agent to leave.

A little while later, curious about what eventually happenede with Elly, you give her a call. But you only get a message saying the number has been disconnected. You hear rumors of some Asian Americans being disappeared to concentration camps, and you wonder whether that was Elly’s fate.

US. Robots does very well supplying the military with robots, and you reap some the profits.

It’s doing well enough that you could develop some robots on the side that are not necessarily destined for military clients. Josh agrees to let you pursue a side project, if you like.

What kind of robots will you develop while the war rages?

1. Companion bots to take the place of loved ones who are far away.
  2. Improved worker bots for the factories.
  3. Better medical robots, to help those hurt by drone bombing runs.

“To understand a thing is to know the manner by which it might be destroyed. A fundamental understanding of the basic building-blocks of the Universe is essential, then, to the total destruction of everything.”

1. Companion bots to take the place of loved ones who are far away.

They’ll be great, uh, conversationalists.

Even though #1 is creepy enough to be hilarious.

I really want to see what horrible monstrosity our collective attempts at #1 would produce.

We’ve done shock and awe, now for some hearts and minds.

I like this reasoning!

Let’s do #1. (With spider legs, I hope.)

I’m really sorry for my dragging my feet so much lately. I’ve been super busy at work, and I’m in the middle of planning a move and a wedding, while also beginning to stress over Christmas presents and budgets, so everything else has been moved to the back burner. Things are now starting to come together a little bit, so hopefully I’ll be able to update more often. Sorry again, and thanks for your patience. :)

In any case, we have 4 one’s and 2 two’s, so we’re going with the creepy option: Companion bots to take the place of loved ones who are far away.

No change in stats.

You focus the efforts of U.S. Robots on making companion robots for people whose loved ones are overseas fighting the war.

Did you, ah, want to make your robots…anatomically correct?

1. Yep. Sexbots, here we come!
  2. No. They will be human-looking, but I don’t want to encourage their inappropriate use.
  3. No. Their streamlined chrome will embody a different kind of beauty.

If we’re going down this road, better not half-ass it.

1. Yep. Sexbots, here we come!

As the saying goes, in for an inch in for a…

…mile. What were you terrible people thinking? Yeesh.

3. No. Their streamlined chrome will embody a different kind of beauty.

Cuz let’s be honest; people are gonna find a way to fuck it anyway. At least now it’s gonna look cool as hell.