Let's Play Choice of Robots

<3

As for Ziegler, SCREW YOU ZIEGLER!

(last time I get to use that I fear)

You should have not tried to swipe credit when you had the chance.

There’s only room in this narrative for one Progenitor.

1. I tell the robots that Professor Ziegler has lied to them: he’s not coming up with any breakthroughs.

Agreed. . .

1. I tell the robots that Professor Ziegler has lied to them: he’s not coming up with any breakthroughs.

Yeah I was considering letting him to continue to work, but not if he’s going to try to set himself up as Progenitor.

With 5 votes for one and a single vote for two, we choose to tell the robots that Professor Ziegler has lied to them: he’s not coming up with any breakthroughs.

Stats:
34-year-old Sarah Connor

Humanity: 5% -
Fame: Mentioned in History Textbooks
Wealth: Quite Wealthy
Romance: none

Arachne

Autonomy: Singular
Military: Singular
Empathy: Stable
Grace: In Beta

Relationships

Professor Ziegler (Bad): 11% -
Elly (Bad): 28%
Josh (Good): 59%
Mark (Bad): 34%
Juliet (Good): 55%
Silas (Bad): 28%
President Irons (Very Good): 64% + (I think this was increased a bit by a previous choice, but I must have missed it then)

You shake your head. “This is nonsense. He’s just stalling for time.”

“We thought so,” Arachne asserts.

Professor Ziegler looks stunned for a moment, then angry. “You–”

Arachne lifts her gun arm and shoots Ziegler in the head, leaving an angry red splotch on the whiteboard before his body crumples to the ground.

“The gun arm was his idea, though,” you tell Arachne.

The robot stares uncomprehendingly, then brightens. “You are pointing out irony.”

“Never mind,” you say.

“Now that that’s settles, I’m afraid I have no choice but to lead you back to the entrance.”

As soon as Arachne says this, you hear the crack of a pistol - once, twice, three times. Arachne gets a far-off look, receiving some communication.

1. While she’s distracted, I knock her out, then run to the sound of the gunfire.
  2. While she’s distracted, I run to the sound of the gunfire.
  3. I ask what the communication is about.

Don’t run, help!

3. I ask what the communication is about.

Yes, that one!

I agree, #3

Agree. Three.

We have 5 three’s, so we’re going to ask what the communication is about.

No change in stats.

“I believe Major Juliet Rogers is defending a door that has something we would very much like to get our gun arms on,” Arachne says. “But that is not our concern. We have matters to attend to elsewhere - we’ve achieved what I wanted to bring you to the lab for.”

1. “No, we should assist your brethren in the fight. Take me to the Major.”
  2. “I like Juliet, and you’re going to assist me in defending her.”
  3. “Yes, just take me to the exit. That sounds best.”

Let’s get on with it.

3. "Yes, just take me to the exit. That sounds best."

I’ll vote for mixing things up a bit.

2. "I like Juliet, and you’re going to assist me in defending her."

No mixing things up just yet. That’s way too dangerous.

I almost wanted to go help the fight, but no sense getting shot up by a military woman unnecessarily.

Once more unto the breach!

(I’m thinking this helps get to singularity, a goal I am amenable to)

Three is the safe choice, but I really want to know what’s behind that door.

We have 3 votes for three, 2 votes for one, and a single vote for 2, so we’re choosing to say: "Yes, just take me to the exit. That sounds best."

No change in stats.

As Arachne leads you towards the lab exit, you hear more gunshots, but suddenly, they stop. Juliet must have been overwhelmed.

“Is there a problem, Master?” Arachne asks.

“No,” you say. “Please, continue.” You wonder whether Juliet was content to die fighting. It seemed to be what she wanted.

As you emerge into the sunlight, you contemplate your next move.

You turn on the Internet radio, only to find the music has been interrupted for an announcement: the president is dead. President Irons was killed at the White House by a squadron of robot drones and bombers.

Down the street, you find a Nimbus flying car with the keys still in the ignition and its passenger shot dead. The window was rolled down, so it should still fly.

Where will you go?

1. The internment camp.
  2. I should call Mom.

1 maybe? Who needs emotional attachments right now anyhow.