Let's settle the debate. Die Hard.

The real Xmas movies anyway are Scrooged, Charlie Brown, and Love Actually.

Very cool anecdotes by Kevin Smith. Thanks for sharing those. He does a pretty good Bruce Willis impression.

This movie is actually terrible and you should stop watching it.

To me, Kevin Smith is the most entertaining live presenter ever. There’s a wealth of videos of him just standing on stage telling amazing stories for hours. Dig in and get comfy.

Years ago, when I lived in LA, they had a 10-year anniversary midnight showing of Mall Rats at a local theater. Lo and behold, Smith was there, and after the movie ended, at around 2am, he got on stage and talked to us in the theater for about five hours. We walked out as the sun came up and it was amazing.

No!!

The only legitimate argument I will accept is that the Postcard thing would be creepy-stalkery these days.

Enjoy your blissful ignorance!

If Die Hard isn’t a Christmas movie, why does Die Hard 2 also take place on Christmas eve?

But seriously, all the music in the movie is Christmas carols. And it snows at the end. Then Carl Winslow shoots that guy and becomes a real cop again, a Christmas miracle.

The Grinch is a heist movie that happens to take place during Christmas.

-xtien

“It’s Christmas, Theo. It’s the time of miracles. So be of good cheer… and call me when you hit the last lock.”

It’s a Christmas movie. And I annoyed the hell out of my girlfriend last year watching the first three of the Die Hard movies back to back one day in December. I plan to do it again this year.

Remember kids: Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho!

Wait what? There’s not more than one, single, amazing Die Hard movie. You must be imagining things.

Correct statement. But I made her suffer through three. It half makes up for endless hours of America’s Got Talent, The Voice, etc.

So you’re saying you watched Die Hard three times? I still don’t get it.

Come on Menzo, Die Hard with a Vengeance rocks. (Well, except for the terrible ending, but I always stop the movie when he’s on the phone with his wife, defeated by Simon).

I think you’re teasing me that the others suck, they are a big drop in quality for sure. Just in case you aren’t teasing though, I made her watch Die Hard, Die hard 2 and Die Hard With A Samuel Jackson Sidekick Vengeance.

Yeah yeah, I’m joking. I think all the Die Hard sequels are increasingly terrible. I just like to forget they exist.

You’re better off doing that for sure. Hollywood can really screw up something with an excellent premise.

I just had this argument with my wife. I’m on team Christmas movie and I’m going to put it on the tv at the store on repeat on Monday.

So it’s a New Year’s movie.

Look, I accept that you folks just need for Die Hard to be a Christmas movie, whatevs. But you’re not convincing me that anything in this movie happens any differently because it’s Christmas - quite unlike The Grinch, for example. If Gruber and gang had decided to hit the Nakatomi Plaza at Christmas time because nobody would be there, or the cop and fed response would be lighter because of this, or made any kind of reference to that stuff, but no. This never comes up. In fact, the movie has to un-Christmas things a little bit by sticking it in L.A., because it would make no sense that McClane is running around without any shoes pretty much anywhere else! So no, I’m still not seeing it.

2E96F5CF-8C12-45EA-8F18-64F289A624B7

I liked Die Hard 2. That’s the one in the airport, right?

And the first two were definitely Christmas movies. Anyone who thinks otherwise should be shot in the back of the head and buried in the desert.

…Too harsh?