Leverage

I liked this show, but I stopped watching it once it suffered from what I’m going to nickname “Scooby-Doo Syndrome.” They had a formula that worked, but ultimately failed to either evolve beyond or keep fresh this original formula. Worse, they replaced clever reveals with “Surprise, the Wizard did it!” Obviously, the wizard is Hardison hacking the internet/security camera/Spruce Goose navigational system. The show also seemed to lose tension as the seasons wore on, as the team kept finding ridiculous ways to get out of trouble. In fact, being in trouble was all part of the act.

Still, my favorite episodes were “The Three Days of Hunter Job” due to the great acting performance by Beth Broderick (had to look that up) and the “Roshomon Job,” for just its great story telling of the same events by different perspectives. It had a good run.

What do you mean with “introduction of character classes”?

A question regarding the ending:

The Ending Spoiled Here!

Why did Sterling let Nathan and Sophie get away? Did I miss something in this episode or did Sterling owe them from a past job?

A Thief can’t do Grifter work! Only Grifter’s can do that! And a Hitter can’t Hack anything. And never mind the notion that a Grifter might Hit or a Hacker might Thief. And we won’t even mention the Mastermind.

That shit bothers me to no end, and it’s not helpful to the show.

For your question, those two don’t super hate each other anymore, so I don’t read it as a transactional exchange, and even if it was, “Then I quit” seems like a fair deal.

Arise…

Yup, just heard about this a couple of days ago. We’d watch even if Christian Kane were the only cast member returning. Shame that Aldis Hodge only has limited availability. Would love to see some Jeri Ryan again.

Huh. Leverage was good dumb fun, I’m not sure its particular balance is going to be easy to recapture. That said, the basic “screw the rich people that screw you” message is unfortunately still hugely relevant.

The original show was mediocre at best. Why in the world would they remake a generic cable show? I guess maybe they had the IP and none of the actors are doing anything (including the former lead, who allegedly raped a tween in the 80s) so it would be cheap?

There are just so many other old shows that were substantially less mediocre to reboot. I’ve always thought rebooting Quantum Leap made sense, as it’s inherently episodic in a way that screams syndication.

What’s he up to these days? I saw him on one of the “Short Trek” episodes recently and was reminded how much I like him.

City on a Hill on Showtime.

Maybe it’s no Quantum Leap, but that’s a rather high bar. Leverage was tremendously goofy fun. I certainly wouldn’t characterize it as mediocre, personally. Pulling off that level of silliness in a drama isn’t easy.

So, what is with this show coming back?

Because that is a good thing!

8 episodes of Leverage Redemption dropped today. I’ve watched the first episode, and if you loved the original, you’ll love this.

The first two were great. The third one didn’t land for us. Overall, I’m really happy to see the gang back together.

Second half of the season dropped Friday. I enjoyed it and thankfully they wrapped things up nicely if they don’t get a second season, though I do hope we get more.

Hey this show is pretty good, I just started watching season 1 on freevee.

Reminds me of a hybrid/mashup/mix of A-Team and Person of Interest.

It was quite enjoyable most of the time. Unfortunately the reboot last year was not nearly so good.

I would disagree about the “reboot”, I thought it was just as good, sometimes even better, than the original run.

Leverage is a great series overall. Looking forward to season 2 of Leverage: Redemption.

I quit watching after the Halloween episode, it was so bad.