LGBTQIA+: Issues and Discussion Thread

See, I think this is kind of part of the “issue” for me, and I put issue in quotes because for the vast majority of the time it’s not an issue at all.

Most of the time, when it comes to someone else’s sexuality… I just literally do not give a fuck. I don’t really want to hear about it. Which isn’t to say that you can’t display your sexuality openly, just like heterosexual people have traditionally done.

So I’m certainly not saying that anyone should ever feel the need to hide anything. You should be able to behave normally in public.

But I’m not really cool with folks pushing that stuff way out into the public eye, and demanding that I give a shit about it. Just like I’m not cool with folks demanding that I give a shit about their being heterosexuals. I literally do not give a single fuck about who other people want to have sex with (or not). It’s not something I think about with most folks in normal interactions with them.

On some level, this bugged me with transgender folks getting upset about being called “she” vs. “he”, because a pronoun is such a nothing thing, that arguing about it made it into a bigger deal than it was. But whatever, I got over it, because who cares.

But using some fucking made up word like “xir”? Nah, fuck that. Go deal with real problems. It’s something that was created ENTIRELY by someone who just wanted to feel special and force themselves to be the center of conversation. Xir is not a thing. Nothing is gonna convince me otherwise. Even typing it, I still don’t even know what the fuck I’m typing. Is it like “Her”? What about “Xim”? Are Xir an Xim interchangable?

I just don’t give a shit about learning a bunch of new linguistic rules to cater to a tiny sliver of the population who are generally all rich white kids who want to feel special.