Liberals also say and do stupid shit

Yes and no.

The DC Metro is amazingly paranoid about getting rats and whatnot, and they are incredibly militant about food being eaten anywhere in the system. People get food confiscated all the time – even apples or bananas that they are bringing with them to the office and not actively eating. A lot of people are ticketed, and a small handful of people are arrested each year.

So a DC Metro worker flouting the rules that apply to passengers and that many people feel are draconian is a pretty big deal.

This I agree with. Why broadcast their complaint over social media when simply sending a DM to the authorities would have sufficed?

In this particular case, though, apparently the Metro authority has actually suspended the no-food, no-drink rule on the trains, so she wasn’t even violating any rules.

Exactly this… Let me try and shame someone on my social media and possibly get them fired (pay consequences). Result instead is I get shamed on social media and pay consequences… cancel culture!

“Sometimes I feel that criticisms of ‘cancel culture’ amount to [an] attempt to impose civility codes on the marketplace of ideas, sometimes by the same people who otherwise would be objecting to such civility codes applied to the first speaker,” White told me.

He added: “Calling a group of people a ‘mob’ is a way to avoid addressing their argument. It deprives them of agency, assumes they are taking their position out of groupthink or rage rather than because of values, and implicitly suggests that their proposition is less credible because too many people are sharing it.”

Why would a DM to the authorities have even been desirable?

I’ve created one. Lets see what happens.

You’re probably not going to get the argument to move there without moving the arguments from here to there.

Fucking Kansas.

Note, the Democratic party itself seems to be ignoring the primary and is going to campaign for the sitting congressman.

The editorial director of Mother Jones has words to say. Stupid words that make him look like a piece of shit.

Thankful he’s getting dragged by… basically everyone.

I think when the dem party said they weren’t going to support him, no matter what the primary results, he was kind of sunk.

Not surprisingly all of Twitter is dragging Paul and has been all day.

Are we saying that Krugman is stupid, or the people attacking him are?
Because that statement by Krugman doesn’t seem stupid to me.

It’s pretty stupid. Because there was a mass outbreak of anti-Muslim sentiment and violence.
Hell that anti-Muslim sentiment is still here and it’s been nearly 20 years.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90549597/new-york-times-writer-paul-krugmans-bad-9-11-tweets-have-united-the-country-against-him

I guess it depends on the definition of “mass outbreak” in his statement. If he meant, like actual rioting in the streets, lynchings, and a Kristallnacht-style assault on Muslims in America, I guess he’s correct. But like others have pointed out, America after 9/11 became decidedly more anti-Muslim and there have been violent incidents against Muslims (and anyone deemed Middle-Eastern) for awhile.

Also shit like the Patriot Act. Like our response was not remotely “calm”.

We threw about half of the Constitution out the window within a month.

Ah, I guess I was focusing more on the part about Bush, who did in fact specifically speak out against islamophobic activities when that shit went down.

Yeah, it’s not the Bush part that anyone really has a problem with for the most part.

That’s surprising, usually folks freak out anytime anyone suggests Bush was not the devil.

Nah, Bush was a buffoon, not the devil. Cheney was the devil. ;)