Liberals also say and do stupid shit

I just want to check, since my slang might be out of date now…

Is there another usage of this that isn’t a gangbang? I ask because when I was back in highschool, that’s the only thing this meant (though we said it differently, as “run a train on”). There wasn’t any other meaning.

Does it have multiple meanings now?

No, sorry, i was trying to say that she might have misunderstood its meaning via half-received context clues if it wasn’t actually commonly used in her social circle. Y’know, sort of like how the first three things I figured “mood” and “yeet” meant weren’t quite right, but each got progressively closer until I just broke down and read Urban Dictionary.

No, i got what you were saying. I was honestly asking the question of whether the phrase had taken on a new usage since i was a kid.

Also, to be clear, i don’t actually find what she said offensive at all. I find it weird. I think she kind of just said something dumb. But I kind of get the impression she’s gonna say dumb stuff sometimes. She’s like a young female Joe Biden in some ways.

But i do think that if someone else has said this, they would have been crucified.

If someone else had said this, nobody would have been listening.

Wait, that’s what it means?

I had no friggin clue. Literally never heard it before.

Must be an east coast thing.

Only in so much as those sorts of things tend to mean “go wild on” someone.

I’ve heard younger gamers use it reference to getting owned or the like, but the meaning hasn’t changed.

I had never heard the term ‘run train’ until this thread. Granted, I’m probably not in the right age range to have heard that anyway (whereas I know a devil’s triangle isn’t a fucking drinking game), but I certainly wouldn’t say it’s common knowledge.

Just “lay back and enjoy it”.

-Is there any chance it was some sort of malapropism?

It is among people in their 20’s though. And… well, she used it, so obviously she knew the phrase, if apparently not the actual meaning.

Well, there is the old expression going like a freight train, and the expression runaway train, both of which need have nothing to do with sex and simply convey the idea of unstoppable momentum.

In the Midwest we said it as “pull a train.”

This is how the vagenda of manocide begins, people.

I still kinda think that should be a new GWAR member

I’m kinda embarrassed for us all that it’s not tbh

Now see this here seems like a legit use of this thread. She clearly used the phrase without knowing what it meant. (She’s not dumb enough to use it on purpose. The only place I have ever heard it before this is–weirdly–from The Walking Dead where Negan threatens Carl with it, and I had to look it up then.) She’s very notable, and it was a stupid thing to say–probably the worst gaffe she’s made in her short career. So there you go, liberal stupidity.

And it was posted to the thread by the forum’s most infamously intolerant liberal.

SUCK IT CENTRISTS

* This post brought to you by the Penbladian Image Clarification Team. Thank you for experiencing!

Dirty commie.

So we have a congresswoman that uses the term “run train” and a Supreme Court Justice that’s very possibly been part of them. Welcome to 2019!

I didn’t know what “run train” meant until this discussion. I’ve only ever heard it used in non-sexual contexts, so I assumed it just meant to, like, tackle a problem aggressively.

But I also thought for an embarrassingly long time that “Yolo” was a portmanteau of “yo” and “hello” meant to be used as a greeting. So maybe I’m just, like, a dumb outlier.

I should really just look something up when I don’t recognize it.

I read this whole thread and I still don’t know what it means. I have also never heard it before.

I love @CraigM quoting @timex saying, “Wait, that’s what it means?” When Timex didn’t actually define it, either.