Liberals also say and do stupid shit

Fucking Kansas.

Note, the Democratic party itself seems to be ignoring the primary and is going to campaign for the sitting congressman.

The editorial director of Mother Jones has words to say. Stupid words that make him look like a piece of shit.

Thankful he’s getting dragged by… basically everyone.

I think when the dem party said they weren’t going to support him, no matter what the primary results, he was kind of sunk.

Not surprisingly all of Twitter is dragging Paul and has been all day.

Are we saying that Krugman is stupid, or the people attacking him are?
Because that statement by Krugman doesn’t seem stupid to me.

It’s pretty stupid. Because there was a mass outbreak of anti-Muslim sentiment and violence.
Hell that anti-Muslim sentiment is still here and it’s been nearly 20 years.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90549597/new-york-times-writer-paul-krugmans-bad-9-11-tweets-have-united-the-country-against-him

I guess it depends on the definition of “mass outbreak” in his statement. If he meant, like actual rioting in the streets, lynchings, and a Kristallnacht-style assault on Muslims in America, I guess he’s correct. But like others have pointed out, America after 9/11 became decidedly more anti-Muslim and there have been violent incidents against Muslims (and anyone deemed Middle-Eastern) for awhile.

Also shit like the Patriot Act. Like our response was not remotely “calm”.

We threw about half of the Constitution out the window within a month.

Ah, I guess I was focusing more on the part about Bush, who did in fact specifically speak out against islamophobic activities when that shit went down.

Yeah, it’s not the Bush part that anyone really has a problem with for the most part.

That’s surprising, usually folks freak out anytime anyone suggests Bush was not the devil.

Nah, Bush was a buffoon, not the devil. Cheney was the devil. ;)

So much this. Cheney was the president for probably 7 out of Bush’s 8 years.

To be fair, that wasn’t anti-muslim hysteria. There was a contingent of “security over liberty” types left over from the cold war that were just waiting in the wings. 9/11 gave them an opportunity but it didn’t create them.

Bush was just the sucker who let Cheney direct him, imo.

I think the context of Krugman’s tweet is pretty much “Trump is uniquely horrible and has failed us in a catastrophic and unprecedented way” and I agree. Pointing out where he’s wrong is kind of missing the point.

I really think 9/11 made Trump inevitable. Once we were willing to compromise our core values the way we did, the rot set in.

Does this go here? I feel like saying, “we need to breed a billion Americans so we can fight the Chinese,” is pretty dumb.

Here, or the WTF thread, because WTF? After discussing the population gap did they move on to the mineshaft gap?