Liberals also say and do stupid shit

Well, that was a debacle. Great timing, too!

Dumbasses

Walk it back? More like it run it back immediately without passing go.

Weird times when the Squad/Tucker Carlson staking out some similar positions. To the Squads credit, the recognize that Russia bargaining is a non starter right now while Tucker sounds like a 1930’s American isolationist who thinks anything abroad has zero impact on us. Stupid.

At least when our side makes a wrong call it gets walked back instead of doubled down on.

The squad does tend to be isolationist as well though, which is a view I disagree with.

Overall, I think this is a nothingburger. Ukraine has widespread support, but it’s a low priority issue for midterms.

I wish Harmeet was a liberal, but she is a California RNC lawyer and politician.

I disagree that it’s a nothing burger. Like McCarthy’s comments, the letter will be used to show Russia that the US is weakening its resolve. That will bolster Putin in that if he stays the course Europe/US will back down. So he should keep it up.

I am hoping that German/France step up and continue to be strong Ukraine supporters. Germany in particular has some hard choices to make and a need for assessment.

Germany’s the one who wants this war to end the most. They lost the most, and each day they complain about it they remind the rest of Europe how they fucked over Greece in 2009.

France has been good, as well as the UK on this in particular.

Can you evidence this conspiracy theory?

Just the Daily Show, being imperialist again.

Are you even allowed to watch the Daily Show from Britain? You are appropriating American Culture.

Atlantic piece on the environmentalists destroying art

I wanted to post this thought I had somewhere, and this feels like the right place.

People say all politicians lie.

That is true, both Democrats and Republicans lie to you.

Democrats lie about what they can do for you, Republicans lie about what they do do for you.

I am trying to think of the best way to word this.

Like, Democrats over-promise social programs worthiness, and Republicans say they are doing something for you, when they are actually doing something else. Both lies, just different kinds.

Maybe, for the sake of work shopping this:

Democrats lie about what they can do for you, Republicans lie about what they will do to you.

(I once embarrassed myself at my old glorified call center job by accidentally answering the phone with “what can I do to you?” instead of “what can I do for you?”)

OOOOH

I like that a lot better, thanks.

Democrats tell the truth about what they want to do for you, but lie about their ability to actually do it. Republicans tell you shit you want to hear, which they don’t actually want, believe, or have any intention of attempting. Except when it comes to theocracy, they’re 3 for 3 on that.

Also true. Democrats fail to ever accomplish their goals, which are altruistic. Republicans say they are going to help you, but do xyz and tell you that it helped you, when it really didn’t.

I feel you’re all being too rosy about Democrats. I think you can just say that politicians both lie about what they want to do and their ability to actually do it.

I think that’s what we’re specifically arguing against, fwiw.

During elections it is hard to watch months of ads without concluding that at least when it comes to political ads, both sides lie.