Liberals also say and do stupid shit

What are Democrats doing that’s bad?

Is the argument that they issued too many blue slips?

Or is it that some Democrats are suggesting they ignore the blue slips?

It’s a courtesy where the White House asks a state’s Senators for permission to nominate a judge for that state.

Republican Senators have stopped responding to these requests, because they’ve realized that the Democrats will just stop nominating judges if the blue slips aren’t returned. That tweet is them begging Republicans to answer these requests.

But it’s a norm, not a law. The Democrats could just nominate judges.

My understanding is that the blue slip means the home state Senator of the nominee consulted with the Executive Branch regarding the nominee. So I believe this dude is saying that Biden is not getting enough response from the GOP and then he is apparently blaming Biden for that, saying Biden should “do better”. I think he is implying the Dems should reach out to the GOP more, and ignoring the GOP’s obstructionist behavior.

Interesting take @Sharpe, I was thinking differently. But in either case the official party response should be ‘because fuck you’, and just nominate judges, GOP preferences be damned.

It’s an ambiguous statement so I’m not certain.

I think the “we” there is the senate as a whole and the “colleagues” he is talking about is the GOP senators.

The circuitous and collegiate language really feels like a complete throwback, given vaguely gestures at US politics

I thought the blue slip meant that the senator was vetoing the candidate.

If it just means they provided consultation to the presidency, and the GOP are refusing to do so, then fuck those guys.

Yes, he’s begging Republican Senators to observe the norms, because that is so very much a thing that is likely to happen. Fucking stupid.

Tweeting at the GOP to act in good faith doesn’t really strike me as a stupid act.

He’s pointing out to the public what they are doing.

If you pair it with ‘waiting for the GOP to act in good faith’, it’s downright moronic.

Probably the wrong thread, but whatever.

That list is the bomb!

Nah, that’s pretty stupid. I’m all for “cancelling” offensive language, but this is going a bit too far.

This is the kind of stuff that gets featured on Fox News and ends up getting viewed by more conservatives than liberals.

I don’t even know who Anna Taylor is, or where this image comes from. She might not even be Woke!

I like that “jump the gun” and “kicking around” an idea aren’t even phrases with a violent undertone. Unless athletic activities are all considered pure violence as well?

I’m definitely going to start using “feed two birds with one scone”.

Definitely.

Let’s not ditch our idioms

I don’t think there’s any way I wouldn’t assume that was garbled by autocorrect.

Just as long as nobody actually expects me to give a perfectly good scone to birds