Liberals also say and do stupid shit

Well not “buy”, but yeah, the artists are still available to play and you can add them to your own libraries and playlists and whatever. Spotify just isn’t including them in any playlists they promote or maintain.

This was started by the R. Kelly removal, correct? Whew! That Spotify ban list is going to be real long if you start digging into all music artists’ conduct.

Thank you.

But it’s not really a ban if it’s available to add to personal lists, more like a removal from any default content.

If you add all the stuff that is denigrating to women spotify would pretty much have to eliminate a large amount of rock and roll music.

But if this music is still available then I don’t see any problem.

I would like this story to end with Jill Stein in jail.

Fantastic news for R. Kelly fans.

I think R. Kelly is a terrible human. I don’t listen to his music.

But you’ve got to spend an awful lot of time drawing some very, very strong allowed/not allowed rules if you go down that road and ban an artist’s music off a platform based on their conduct. That just seems like a precedent with dangerously unexpected–and perhaps a few totally expected consequences.

It wasn’t banned from the platform, just removed from the playlists. Customers could add it to their lists. Radio stations pick and choose too.

You’re right. That’s some shitty reporting from CoS.

It was bad reporting all around. This is going to go down as Spotify reversed their ban decision, and it wasn’t truly a ban in the first place. It was just removed from official lists. Amazon has lists too, not all the songs I would put are on those lists either so I just… make one myself.

Every time I see something about a local liberal government stopping the construction of housing and raising housing costs for the area continuously, I feel like it posting it here. That has got to be the worst liberal stupidity that is actually having a terrible impact on the world.

I guess it’s really an incentives problem, where all the people voting are the people who already live there and can afford it, as opposed to all the future potential people.

Yep, that’s a really good point. One of the things Democrats/liberals/progressives/The Left do fairly poorly with is that housing question, and also access to affordable goods and services in lower-cost urban and rural neighborhoods.

The very liberal Seattle city council is pushing hard for rezoning single family homes and the fucking nimbys are freaking out as usual. At least there’s also a ton of other new construction going on, unlike in San Francisco.

Joy Reid is still lying about her crazy ass blog posts.

We need dense housing. It really is that simple. It can be done tastefully and maintain. Unless they’re bumping up against wetlands or something of that nature, we need to do something so young and people without assets have a good place to live. The not in my backyard thing is horrific.

What’s even worse, is all these pushes not to have apartments or townhouses or whatever you call it when the houses share walls, like sort of townhouses… but the retirement centers, big ones, popping up everywhere.

I wish we could fast forward to the end of this drama. Just fire her and get it over with, MSNBC.

What blog posts?

Also, I lived in town home or row house or whatever for a while, and it was okay. But it was just 3 or 4 units.

She made a bunch of homophobic rants on her big years ago.

I don’t know that I’d call Bill Clinton liberal, but this is pretty darned unclear on the concept…