Liberals also say and do stupid shit

OK, yeah, the Examiner lives to point out Liberal stupidity, but the letter actually did get written and sent by someone who thought he or she was doing the right thing. That is actual Liberal stupidity.

Or by a Nazi sympathizer. I don’t know, it’s hard to parse ideology here. Presumably the woman who hung the “Fuck Nazis” sign outside her window is also a liberal. Regardless, we’re talking about one dude, a Resident Director for a state university. The whole thing is actually a non-story (the student was never forced to take down her sign) made into something by social media and the WE. I guess when I first saw this thread, I envisioned stuff more like the Teamsters story a few posts up. (Though in my experience, Teamsters–though they often vote Democrat–are not usually liberals.)

Well, we don’t know that the email was sent by a liberal though, do we?

Yeah, the simplest explanation is that this was a false flag operation.

No, the simplest explanation is that it’s a random person trying to cover their own ass.

I don’t think anything I read screams liberal. It just screams someone covering their own ass.

There is a good argument that the union folks have joined the Trump-led GOP. Those ones remind me so much of Henny Penny

The union would end up with the money and they are the ones made to look bad from it.

If I could punch Twitter in the face…

e: holy shit it’s so much worse than I thought

e2: I want to reactivate my Twitter account to tell these idiots off. My God, this is the worst thing ever

It’s always weird to me that liberals get pilloried for this stuff, but Trump and the GOP are allowed to celebrate all kinds of stuff without getting creamed…

For the record, it is all cringey, awful terrible stuff - but liberals love to eat their own with it while the GOP seems to embrace it.

The American left has always held itself to a higher standard than the right. It’s a blessing and a curse.

That’s because to the average GOP voter these days, people getting hit in the crotch with stuff is high comedy, so cringe-worthy stuff like the videos above are their version of the Kennedy Center Honors.

Now, now. Let’s not demean the form unnecessarily.

Quite. I find people getting hit in the crotch pretty damn funny. Also, if you ask your Amazon Echo to fart, she makes a varied selection of really juicy fart sounds, which has not failed to crack me up after hundreds of times.

That said, political songs are almost never funny… unless they’re sung by Tim Minchin

To be fair, I never said it wasn’t funny, just that a certain spectrum of the public who tend to lean far right seem to think it’s the height of comedic genius.

“We can circumvent the Constitution by passing a law!”

Literally the argument he’s making. This person teaches.

and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

But that totally means we can do it guys, it’s vague wording. Mind you that’s on the section about Amendments. So the Constitution literally says you can’t make an Amendment to change this, but he’s arguing you can totally just pass a law and do it. Because he’s a fucking idiot.

Not so sure I’d call this liberal stupidity, just Unconstitutional-ish thinking outside the box in an effort to solve one of the greatest issues in 21st Century Gov’t - gridlock in the Senate.

The gist of his argument seems to be if a court can find parts of the ACA unconstitutional because they want to, then another court can find my idea constitutional because they want to.

Isn’t this true? It’s not realistic, but it’s true.

No legitimate legal scholar thinks his idea is constitutional.
There is no reasonable reading of the constitution where it is. It literally says the opposite, in plain text.