Life is Strange - Square Enix, Remember Me, rewinding time

I kind of wish this game wouldn’t get a sequel. But since that ship is sailing, I hope it will be a different kind of story with different characters. I like where the original game left things.

Agreed! I’ll be very disappointed if it were to continue on with the same characters (as much as I loved them) instead of starting fresh.

Besides, whichever ending you go with, I’m pretty sure Max will have spent the next few years in in-patient therapy to deal with what she went through.

Another game with the same abilities / structure would be a bit disappointing. I’d actually really like a follow up with no “magic” in it at all tbh.

… OHMAGOD. #icantbelieveitsreallyhappening #myfanfictionletmeshowyouthem.

However i would be dissapointed if we’re still dealing with Max. Even though i loved the characters there’s just no good way to extract them from either ending of Life is Strange 1 and ship them /cough into a new setting.

Oh, this isn’t even being made by Dontnod. It’s Deck Nine Games.

Also, the season pass does not include the bonus episode. You have to buy the deluxe edition to get it.

Looks like you missed this post in the other thread (which is easy to do, since it’s not a thread related to this game):

That post’s video and the comments that followed were about this new bonus prequel episode by Deck Nine Games.

Looks like the deluxe edition is $25 which might be a bit much for a three episode series but isn’t exactly crazy money either. I’m probably in.

The bonus episode will include Max.

I do think they let the cat out of the bag unintentionally - as DONTNOD has not committed to saying whether LiS 2 continues the story of Max and Chloe or not - as they describe the bonus episode as being able to play as Max “for the last time”.

I was pretty disappointed in hearing Ashley Burch wouldn’t be able to reprise her role as Chloe because of the VA strike, but the interview linked above w/@Nightgaunt made me much more confident the property is in good hands.

Ugh I didn’t notice that when I preordered it on Steam and I’ve never heard of Deck Nine Games until now.

Watch the video, I think they’ll do a good job recreating the original feel of the game.

Hey, guys! Just to avoid confusion, I’m a Game Director at Deck Nine Games on Before the Storm (one of two game directors, the game-designy one). I didn’t post about it in this thread because I wanted people to feel like they could talk freely about LiS and BTS here. Please do so!

I don’t want to talk too much here because I’ll just be rattling off talking points that I got to express in livestreams and interviews during E3. We’ll be revealing more in the future! Suffice it to say, Deck Nine Games was created to make narrative, cinematic adventure games, and we’re extremely privileged to have been asked to live up to the very high bar set by Dontnod. (See? Talking points. But honest ones!)

Just came across this article with a little more info on the game. I guess some stuff in it might be considered spoilers, but it does confirm something’s like no time travel mechanic this time around, logically enough.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-27391-Life-is-Strange--Before-the-Storm-Forsakes-Time-Travel-in-Favour-of-Drama.html

On Thursday, my colleagues and I will be doing an AMA on Reddit about Life Is Strange: Before the Storm, our upcoming Formerly-French currently-American cinematic-adventure choice-and-consequence young-adult angsty franchise prequel video game. (That’s my @ChristienMurawski -style summation.)

If you’re into Life Is Strange, and one of those Reddit-y types, and don’t have to, you know, work that day, join in!

(Cross-posted to the self-promotion thread for self-promotion.)

Well I meet one of those criteria - unfortunately I’m not much use at Reddit and I do have to work. Good luck all the same, anxious to see the final product!

I joined reddit just to post in their LiS section ^^. At this point i probably have more suggestions than questions honestly. If i’m still at the workstation on Thursday i’ll see if i can’t have it running off on another monitor :).

Oh crap, my Xbox is downloading the preorder - is today release day?

Still August 31!

Hey, a little bit more self-promotional news, but I have to share because for me it’s really, really exciting: We have the band Daughter doing the score for the game and contributing new, original songs to the soundtrack. Their work has been truly amazing. When we began to layer their tracks into our scenes, it was just magical how the scenes came to life. I know I’m gushing about my own game, but I’m really just gushing about the work of these musicians, and proud to have helped inspire some beautiful work. AAAAAGH! It’s so so good!

They will be releasing all the tracks as a standalone album, too. It’ll be out September 1. Here’s a preview track:

So to answer my own question, looks like it just downloaded 100 megs or so, think it was the preorder stuff. False alarm.

I hate to be the poo-poo’r here, but I will never buy a game from this studio ever again. The atrocious lack of any semblance of support to help solve issues shows me they don’t have time nor inclination to help out those who have purchased & want to play their game.

Just FYI - same franchise, different developer. That’s why Nightgaunt said “Formerly-French currently-American”.

Now, maybe you have a thing against SquareEnix… which in that case, you do you. However i’m surprised you never had Steam cloud saves work for you either.