Life on Mars

Anyone watching this? It’s a BBC mini series and I don’t think it has made its way over here just yet. It’s an 8 part series from what I can tell and they are up to episode 6 with 7 coming on tonight.

Pretty much the story is a Detective is investigating a case and during the case he gets thrown back in to the past. I think it’s hard to describe exactly what goes on in the series with out spoiling it but needless to say it’s very good. The reviews of it have been very positive and I would expect it to be hitting our shores soon. You can also DL it from the usual places if you can’t wait.

It’s been up on the net but haven’t really had the guts to watch it yet… I can watch only so many shows with the word “mars” in the title. I mean, how many people are really named Mars and why are there two shows based on them? :)

— Alan

Well to be fair this show got the title from the song.

It’s better in the original portuguese .

Damn good show, at least the first three episodes are, the later ones start to drag.

Only in a dream would there be no consequences for what Sam does in the season finale. Good episode though.

We just started watching this tonight, and we’re really enjoying it. I didn’t turn it on until I had downloaded all the episodes, I’m sick of waiting around for stuff.

Is this a one-shot series or is it left open for more?

A second series is definitely on the way, with possibly a third to come.

Just saw episode one last night.

In the first ten minutes I was wondering why the hell you guys would be recommending a Brit CSI clone, but vaguely remembered some kind of genre twist.

Well worth it, I thought. I’m actually researching David Bowie for a side project, and it was nice to see 70s London reflected in all it’s grotty glory.

Uhh…

— Alan

<insert blistering 70’s Cockney profanity here>

Gorblimey!

Maybe the American version of the show will get hit by a car and thrown far into the past.

I saw this, I thought that the law man was beating up the wrong guy.

Anyways, everyone acts like this is the freakiest show, but I think it’s just a saddening bore. After all, shows like this have been written ten times or more. I guess it’s about to be writ again.

Fixed.

Neutered. Whiffing for the fences, are we?

You guys are like sailors fighting in the dance hall.

Look at those cave men go!

Thread time travel…

One benefit of taking a 25-hour flight is having the time to watch a lot of TV, and see shows I wouldn’t normally see. The first two episodes of Life on Mars were available, so, on hour 15 or thereabouts, I hit ‘Select’. I liked it a fair bit, though I probably enjoyed the Bodie and Doyle tributes more than I did the central mystery.

Without giving away plot points, did future episodes get better or worse? Is it worth my time and money to track down the remaining episodes?

Thread time travel…

One benefit of taking a 25-hour flight is having the time to watch a lot of TV, and see shows I wouldn’t normally see. The first two episodes of Life on Mars were available, so, on hour 15 or thereabouts, I hit ‘Select’. I liked it a fair bit, though I probably enjoyed the Bodie and Doyle tributes more than I did the central mystery.

Without giving away plot points, did future episodes get better or worse? Is it worth my time and money to track down the remaining episodes?