Lightyear - Buzz Lightyear origin movie

Oh, I see what he meant now! I guess I never really thought about when Toy Story was actually set.

Not necessarily. We see a clip of Buzz slingshotting around the sun - maybe that sends him into the future or to an alternate universe, where he has lots of adventures, finally returning home and telling his stories, which become the basis for the kid’s cartoon and toy line.

Oh! Nice! Maybe he can just zip right into the MCU or the Star Wars universe along the way.

Since Chris Evans voices Buzz in this, he could meet himself as Captain America.

I wonder if it’ll be revealed that the LGMs are based on something the ‘real’ Buzz experienced too, since they’re in the cartoon! And there was extraterrestrial first contact some time before the original move was set.

I mean this still implies having

so…

Yeah, this is a weird one for me. Not sure how to place it. Because the implications of alien species, FTL travel, and all that entails would fundamentally change society in ways incongruous with the films.

Yeah, it’s a real head scratcher. But I was getting a real time-travel vibe so that’s what I saw in my head.

I assume the incongruity of the imagery in the trailer vs. what we’ve seen in the Toy Story movies is on purpose, so that means a second trailer with more details is likely.

2E96F5CF-8C12-45EA-8F18-64F289A624B7

It’s looks better than I ever thought possible, and maybe it’s just the David Bowie song influence, or maybe it’s the whole thing, but I think I wanna watch it.

That’s because those sick Doom licks can be used in anything.

ANYTHING.

That’s going to be a very different movie.

I am going with this is the Marvel Mutliverse invading the Pixar Toyverse

I never watched this but I today learned Patrick Fucking Warburton did the voice of Buzz and now I must, MUST see it.

I want to watch the movie w/ the Doom soundtrack.

Wait what? Does Tim Allen’s agent know?

You remind me of my 12-year-old self watching Star Trek IV. “Wait a minute, they’re 10 years away from the Eugenics Wars but everything is exactly the same as in our timeline?”

He is 68 now, maybe his voice has changed?

Right wingers are supposedly going nuts over it on Twitter.

Poor little babies.

I’m treating this like if there was a real world Itchy & Scratchy movie. We are watching the in-universe fiction that the Toy Story character is then based on.