Limbaugh drug announcement

Guy in the office next to me just came in the door, he said flip over to Limbaugh on the radio. Limbaugh just said that he has become addicted to pain meds since his back surgery, he has been in a treatment clinic once, and he was admitting himself to a clinic immediately after this broadcast. He said he’s not a victim, he brought this on himself. He said he can’t say much about the legal issues due to advise of counsel. And that he won’t be back on the air until he’s kicked this habit.

FWIW

Wow.

Glad some good came out of this, at least. :)

Yeah, and what’s ironic in light of other threads - if not for a tabloid initiated potential scandal, I doubt he would have sought help. I imagine he realized that this was all about to break publically and this was the best course of action.

Yeah, I think that’s what normally gets celebrities into rehab.

I wonder if the Enquirer story didn’t have something to do with his resigning from ESPN as well?

I think so. It happened on the same day he resigned. The day before ESPN’s line was that Rush was offensive, but not racist, and was not going to be fired. I think this revelation sealed the deal.

[/quote]
I hope. I hope and pray and hope and pray that there will be a judge and jury who will convict him and send him “up the river”, in his own words. And then, as the trial ends, the judge will use that quote.

It’s just so sad when conservatives are exposed ONCE AGAIN as being just weak frail humans. Whoda thunk it?

[/quote]
I hope. I hope and pray and hope and pray that there will be a judge and jury who will convict him and send him “up the river”, in his own words. And then, as the trial ends, the judge will use that quote.[/quote]

PB County SA office has already investigated, but declined to prosecute ,IIRC, from our local newspaper’s reports.

It’s so sad when leftists feel the need to parade the hatred and vindictiveness they usually conceal so much more successfully.

It’s so sad when leftists feel the need to parade the hatred and vindictiveness they usually conceal so much more successfully.[/quote]

It’s so sad when you come in here accusing me of being a leftist when I am a moderate. Of course, I’m left of you, but then so is the rest of humanity.

[/quote]
I hope. I hope and pray and hope and pray that there will be a judge and jury who will convict him and send him “up the river”, in his own words. And then, as the trial ends, the judge will use that quote.[/quote]

PB County SA office has already investigated, but declined to prosecute ,IIRC, from our local newspaper’s reports.[/quote]

How about that justice, huh?

[/quote]

I did a google search and couldn’t find any stories of oxycontin users getting prison terms simply for using the drug. They all seem to be either dealers or users who committed other crimes. It looks like the courts are being lenient with oxycontin abuse for whatever reason.

It will be interesting to see if Limbaugh continues to back the imprisonment of people who use recreational amounts of drugs. I don’t see much difference between someone using crack, pot, oxycontin, etc.

No, what’s sad is blatant hypocrisy, which Rush has demonstrated in spades. If he truly believed in what he has been saying for the past couple decades, he would turn himself over to the authorities, provide them with complete evidence, and smile all the way to prison.

No, what’s sad is blatant hypocrisy, which Rush has demonstrated in spades. If he truly believed in what he has been saying for the past couple decades, he would turn himself over to the authorities, provide them with complete evidence, and smile all the way to prison.[/quote]

Bingo! I don’t despise Limbaugh for getting addicted to painkillers. I don’t despise William Bennet for getting addicted to gambling. That just exposes them as ordinary human beings. What I despise about them is their setting themselves up as morally superior when they stand on feet of clay just like everyone else.

Right, I don’t disagree with you on that. It’s almost as bad as when those compassionate, humane leftists go into a feeding frenzy of spiteful ecstasy when one of these things happens. I bet we could go back and forth on this infinitely. :)

Perhaps Limbaugh after detox will get on the air, ruffle his papers, bang his mic on the desk, and say “Its the fault of this liberal permissive society that I wasn’t sent up the river. I deserved to!”

Then he’d be consistent, I guess.

That’d be the greatest radio moment ever.