Terminator 2 $29.99

JUNE/JULY (TBD)
Reservoir Dogs $29.99
Total Recall $29.99
Stargate $29.99
Dune $29.99
The Devil’s Rejects $39.99

Whats the MSRP on DVDs again? 29.99?

but if they did a digital remastering of a negative in proper shape, why would it be any more or less ugly than a modern film that was digitally mastered of a negative in proper shape? It’s still film as its source, transferred in the best possible way onto a digital format. Seems like it would be the same, always assuming that they have a good print to work from.

It’s the 2000 miniseries version of Dune, not the 1984 film.

IF they do. I’m willing to bet studios are not going to go through the expert fine-crafting necessary as long as there are 2 competing - not well acepted standards out there. I think they’ll take the easy give-me-qiuck money route. The only ones I see not taking the easy route are the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings series… and those will cost a friggen fortune… I bet there will be 100% markup on them for the new format.

I saw part of the Sony HD/Blu-Ray remastering of Laurence of Arabia on a big ass HDTV - if they do something like this with classics (that were out in 70mm) then I’d see the point in repurchasing at least chopice titles.

I thought that the advantage of new high density storage was not only that you could remaster old movies but that you could fit more content on the disk.

They won’t sell my Blue-ray until I can get the whole series of south park or something all on one or two disks. I see myself adopting it in 2012.

Sweet, I can’t wait to see how big those hats look in Hi-Def!

Psst, watch out for that nasty rock slide Duncan!

IF they do. I’m willing to bet studios are not going to go through the expert fine-crafting necessary as long as there are 2 competing - not well acepted standards out there.

Most of these movies were remastered and given new HD masters just for the DVD release. In a rare case of foresight, Hollywood has actually been prepping most of their material for HD as far back as the late 90s.

Hell, you can watch HD transfers of The Equalizer on the Universal HD channel right now. The Equalizer.