Liquid Cooling- What do I need to know? (and other advice needed)

22 core i7 cases?? yeah this is beyond my scope :D
Wouldn’t the new Nvidia Grid server make more sense than a 32 xeon cpu blade chassis? Since that thing has like 4 titans, and with all the talk regarding how CUDA cores scale much better than cpu cores…

You are so far up your own ass you could make the next Bioshock game. I’m sure steering the conversation into overclocking and the price-to-performance comparisons of Xeons and i7s and render farms is highly relevant to a simple question on liquid cooling options. If all you want to do is show off how much you know about a topic nobody gives two shits about you could easily do so in any of a dozen threads that you’ve started for the express purpose of doing exactly that.

Liquid cooling is pretty much a requirement if you want to put a core i5/i7 in a SFF case and keep the PC running at whisper quiet operation. I like the creativity in your response though, funny!

I have one with a single fan radiator in an Ivy Bridge, and I hate it. The pump itself is noisy, and I don’t overclock, so I would have been better off getting a medium-sized heatsink with one or two 120mm fans, like the Corsair 212 Hyper Evo. One of these days when I feel like tinkering I’ll do the swap.

other than the swiftech h220, all closed loop kits are crap.

You’ve tested them all, then?

there are basically two companies that all the brands are sourcing from. Both companies used cheap components with terrible cooling performance that require high CFM fans.

“Terrible cooling performance” in what context? What effect do those “cheap” (source?) components have? Will it be quieter than a mid-sized tower cooler with a pair of good fans on a stock Ivy Bridge 3570?

FWIW, here’s a recent favorable review of the H220 mashakos mentioned, as well as two roundups featuring other water coolers. Bottom line: you get what you pay for; cheap watercoolers are cheap for a reason. I’ve got a Corsair H60, IIRC, which I picked up cheap-ish; works fine, but it doesn’t seem to run any cooler or quieter than the better air coolers I’ve had. At this point, my attitude is either settle for a basic air cooler (e.g., Hyper 212 Evo) or go hog-wild on a high-end cooler so you can OC the hell outta your CPU.