Little Big Planet (thread not related to PC mods)

Got this for my kids for Xmas and they’re asking me how to play with one sackperson. It seems you can’t just load up with a single sackdood…? AM i making sense? IOW, my son and daughter each have a sackie…but my daughter wants to play her sackie alone…so she loads up the game and BANG! my son’s sackie is automatically in the game with no apparent way to have him “drop out”. Any ideas?

Create a separate PSN profile for your daughter. Like the 360, saves are tied to a profile on the PS3. So, after she logs into her new account/profile she’ll have to start the game over again from the beginning but she’ll have her own sackboy.

I’m assuming the two can play together with their respective sackpeople somehow but I’ve yet to mess with co-op.

Have each of them save their own specific outfit. If just one of them logs in have him or her load up their own costume since the costume is really all that seperates one sackboy from another.

…Or create a user account for each of them.

Make sure you don’t have anything else connected to the USB ports that may make the game think it’s another controller. I used to have that problem in the beta with the DVD-IR dongle but that went away for me.

Hmm, I’ll check it out but I think the “problem” is that her brother’s sackboy drops in to the game automatically and there doesn’t appear to be any way to get him out.

I’ll also check out the separate profiles thing. Speaking of which, I’ve noticed that there’s an actual profile in the PS3 main menu but it is that the same thing as the PS Network ID? Or are these separate beasts? thx

As for the game, despite my 12-year old scoffing at it on xmas morning and dismissing it as a “little kid game” and saying it “looks stupid and really boring”, he and his sister were ROFL yesterday when they finally loaded it up. SO I guess it’s a hit.

Just turn off the second controller and he should leave the game automatically after a few seconds.

Bunch of guys on neoGAF collaborated and created a level-by-level remake of the NES classic Contra. It’s pretty amazing. They even have the 2d in base perspective.

Trailer

There’s even a little Konami code sticker you can use during the intro for extra lives.

Just played a bunch of Little Big Contra and it is crazy hard but so well done. Definately worth checking out for LBP owners. I have them all hearted if anyone wants to check them out without searching. Major hats off to those guys for putting that together!

New DLC which will add water! Trailer below.

I still load up LBP from time to time and am surprised by the quality of user created levels.

I only picked this up last week and I can’t get past this damn Mexico story level with jetpacks and bombs. I hate the checkpoints/lives thing.

Playing other people’s levels is awesome, though.

Yeah the game is surprisngly challenging. I still haven’t beaten it yet. It’s nice to have the public games to fall back on when you get frustrated on a story level.

No sequel planned. Crap. There goes my hope of a sequel with jumping physics that would let me enjoy the game.

Question about the upcoming PSP version - do you need a new PSP, or does it come with a disk for the old ones? It’s an entirely new game, not a port, right?

It’s a brand new game and I believe it will come in both digital and UMD format.

Even if there were no UMD version, you can play downloadable games on any PSP.

Right there are no PSP Go exclusive games.

How? Just buy a big memory card? I bought an early PSP, and don’t really use it, so I don’t have a memory card that would work with.

You can download straight from the PSN store to the PSP now, or you can use a PS3 as a middleman, but yeah, you’ll need a bigger memory card (Sony’s Memory Stick PRO Duo, specifically), assuming you’ve still only got the one it came with. Games range anywhere from a few megabytes for the minis to a couple of gigs for the biggest ones (e.g., the GTA Stories games).

I’m interested in picking up the GOTY version since it includes so much of the DLC.

Wait, Desslock plays magic mushroom games now? Wtf happened while I was away? Something good! Hey Desslock, now you can go play Yoshi’s Island!