Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Difficulty ramps up pretty quickly! (Or maybe I am awful at it) 31 people killed on my last mission.

Pacifist achievements are bugged at the moment and pop instead of the standard mission complete ones but that should be a simple thing for them to fix.

Coolest feature: each time combat ends you get a realtime replay of that whole sequence. These look great and I hope they add a gif or video export button for them.

I’ve only done the first mission so far.

Lots of fun, though performance sucks badly on the Mac. Playing on a late 2016 15" Retina MacBook Pro with Radeon 460. Game claims 40 or 50 FPS but cursor is herky-jerky, slow to move, etc. Hopefully that can get patched sometime soon.

Diego

And… I am in.

I think it’s quite short, like 4 hours.

Ideal, anything under ten hours is perfect for me these days!

Though it is procedural so claims the campaign is highly replayable.

So many of you boughted. Some impressions please!

Thank you for the heads-up. No way it can run on my word-processing Macbook!

It is interesting. The procedural conversation system doesn’t really work, as you might expect , you just end up guessing then spending points to re do your guesses.

The upgrade system seems cool. The setting is VERY cool.

The rest all seems pretty minimal or loose for want of a better word. Loose art, loose feeling mechanics.

Anyway we shall see I have only done mission 1 so far , but I dont regret $7.

It definitely feels like a cheap game. It’s fairly straight forward. The animation seems a bit off. I sort of got an Invisible Inc on a low budget vibe, although it’s nowhere near as stealthy. Invisible Inc meets Syndicate then.

As Rod says, the setting is brilliant. The music is really good and the game has buckets of atmosphere. At the price it is, it’s well worth checking out. Can always refund if it doesn’t hit the right notes.

Haha. Your “loose” usage of words here confused me even more. Do you mean that it lacks polish? Those things may detract from an otherwise good gameplay.

I was gifted Brigador but bounced off it really hard because of the lack of polish. Something was just off.

I bounced off Brigador twice, once near release (and I shamelessly refunded it), then recently when somebody who I can’t say nice things about gifted it to me. Even with the new control scheme, the levels felt too large and not “designed” enough, and it was just long sessions of what felt like work, instead of the mindless destruction advertised.

Perhaps, yeah.

I dunno, its like a charcoal drawing vs a pencil one you know? I need to play more I guess :)

Looking forward to a more detailed report after your first impressions.

I bounced off Brigador at first too, but guys, once it clicks it amaaaaaaaazing.

Well I played a few more missions. Its ok. I really do like the setting and lore, plus the time mechanic is kinda cool but the rest just feels too choppy for me. If you value polish in your games then I would wait a while on this one.

Thanks! Appreciate the quick review :). I’ll hold off for a while.

@cicobuff funny you guys mention that about Brigador. It seems cool, but it looks very bland, even in motion. I’ve thought about buying it a couple of times but haven’t bit on it. And these days I’m barely using my PC anyway.

On the subject of polish, there are so many games to choose from these days, that I tend to discriminate on how stuff looks and sounds. No I really don’t want to play your game with retro 16-bit art…

I mentioned this last year, but Voidpoint and 3D Realms are just about ready to formally unveil Ion Maiden, a Build engine powered FPS next week. It’s going to be glorious!

Oooooohhhhh