Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

I wonder what the difference is between a post-apocalyptic and post-cataclysmic world.

After a cataclysm the world continues. After the apocalypse, it ends.

I just want to say “ouch” and although I have no interest in this game, I do want to express sympathy for this feeling.

I hate that “Oh… well that would have been good to know bloody hours ago” moments.

They do not endear the developers to me.
------------ separate post---------
I am going to chance my arm and recommend this game again if anyone wants a hearthstone clone done right, to a indie art level. It not only has great mechanics and variety of decks but is that rare game that does free to play in the “I dont feel the need to buy anything at all , I want to buy something off them as a thank you” way instead of feeling pinched.

To my surprise the community is proving quite robust , I thought it would just fade due to poor marketing but not so far. For some reason the audience is really international as well which is always a bonus.

Anyway its good, free and if you like hearthstone but want to play a version that is kinder to casual play and also innovative on its additive deck variety, then this is worth checking out.

Wishlisted. No more early access for me (famous last words).

RPS likes it , and it does sound good! Purchased.😀

@Mark_L has endorsed Trials of Fire to the level of deserving its own thread.

I thought I saw this game on here, but I can’t find it now. I highly recommend it, and I see a few others also own it or are thinking of buying it.

It’s a great deal for $2.99.

Very Kingom-like, but I find it more focused on defense than exploration. Main exploration occurs when digging into the depths. The game also allows vertical building. I made it 7 nights on my first try. The goal is 13 nights.

More on Fell Seal.

I’ve warmed up to it, but it took nearly 30 hours for me to do that. I think the complexity of the class system threw a pretty steep learning curve in.

Let me give you an example of a build. This build dual wields guns, has high critical chance, and centers around a skill that allows it to attack whatever target anyone else attacks. Here are the classes/levels needed to make this build.

• Assassin 7
  • Gunner 4
  • Mercenary 4
  • Knight 6
  • Ranger 4
  • Bounty Hunter 6

It actually isn’t that hard to make this build, but when you start the game, there is really no visibility into this. It takes a long time to really figure out what is available. If you are willing to make that investment, then there is certainly a lot of game here. It took me about 45 hours to complete my first game.

I’m torn on starting a new game or not. I could actually map out my class plan for my characters and drive to that plan (rather than the random feeling I had in the first game). That could be enjoyable and I could ramp the difficulty up to compensate for me understanding the rules a lot more.

Hard for me to make a general recommendation on it. If you are willing to either research a lot before starting or maybe if you have experience with another game with this type of class system (FF Tactics?), then you could be in for a good game.

What about it kept you going for 30 hours until it got good?

That’s just my issue… Once I’ve gotten a game, I really try to make an effort figuring it out.

I am enjoying Snakeybus very much. It is somehow relaxing until your bus gets very long, then it gets frantic… but still enjoyable. Some games just click…

I just started playing this. The documentation is minimal to nonexistent. For instance, is there a list of keyboard shortcuts? Nope. Why do enemies get two non-combat/combat actions (or more) per turn but I don’t? I dunno.

Otherwise I like the game.

Turns out that Baba is You might be Turing complete.

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqrh1m

I suspected it for a long time…

Oh thanks for this! Love Dark Future (GW’s Car Wars for those who dont know)

Just thought I’d drop this here-

https://www.echodoggames.com/

Their game is an rpg deckbuilder where the main thrust of the gameplay is not combat, but conversation. I love the art style, and I am excited about applying these ideas to a nonviolent game space.

Dark Future looks really interesting. I’ll have to check that out. Thanks!

You might want to check out some of the reviews for Dark Future before buying. Sounds like it wasn’t that great of a translation from the physical game and may have a repetitive campaign. But, I hope they are wrong, because I freaking love Car Wars.