Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

I hadn’t noticed it at all!

From Hato Moa, who brought us Hatoful Boyfriend, and featuring the music of Masakazu Sugimori (Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick, Viewtiful Joe) comes picross investigation game Murder by Numbers:

Was Hatoful Boyfriend the pigeon dating sim?

Yup45

Whatever happened to that Qt3er who wrote up that hilarious AAR?

Left to The Other Forum ™.

“Get ready to rip the galaxy a new wormhole”? Uh.

-Tom

Despite @Chappers support, I couldn’t even watch the promotion video to the end. Too much noise, both visual and aural.

"This game contains content which is not appropriate for a young audience. This content may is not suitable for viewing at work or in public settings.

Themes of this product include blood and gore, partial nudity, and violence."

Just saw this on my mac activity thread:

Anybody heard of it?

FWIW, there’s a report on the Steam forum that the screen shaking can be disabled.

Make Screen Shake Optional posts info regarding screen shake options, which will show up on the relevant Steam store pages if you follow the curator (the community group is here). I really hate screen shaking and contribute frequently.

Ah, in truth I didn’t think screen shakes bothered me much (I thought there was lot of… pixely junk flying everywhere, making me confused), but the screen shakes probably didn’t help and I may claim I have issue with it because that’s one hell of cool sounding club to be part of!

Edit: I tried to find it in the Steam client using the curators search… and Valve won’t return it. Search engines are so rigged, everywhere…

I don’t want to rip the Galaxy a new wormhole.

Pilgrims – a little adventure game. I like the art style.

created by the team behind Machinarium

Yup, I’ll be playing it for sure, thanks for the head’s up @FinnegansFather

I see* what you did there…

* I wanted to use “hear” there, but alas it doesn’t work…

Okay this would belong to the Nintendo Switch section, being a Nintendo game, but it looks so weird I wanted to post it here. It just popped up on the European store.

The title claim has me worried, but besides that, the… purpose? of the game is so weird.
I am expecting something somewhat in the vein of Mike Singleton’s games maybe?
I am cautiously intrigued.

Oh, it’s on Steam!

Trailer:

That Roman “legionnaire” drives me batty.