Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Get out of my head.

I was a bit wary of this one, but the Steam forum addresses all my concerns.

So, this is not a thing anyone should buy, and I generally stay away from meme/meta/etc non-games on Steam, but it’s a funny thing they did with some educational value (read the store page). There is actual Drawkanoid game in the works as well. From the developers of Desktop Dungeons:

Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders was one of my top 3 games on the original Xbox, and I have always wanted more entries in this series. But everything I’ve ever heard about this entry over the last 3 or 4 years (while I’ve half-assedly checked on it) made it sound like utter trash drowning in malicious micro-transactions and shitty MMO stylings. And while I don’t know what your personal concerns were with the title, last I heard this was predatory junkware stuck in development hell for over a decade.

I would definitely buy this game if the devs managed to turn the thing into a genuinely good game, and I’ll certainly visit the game’s Steam forums to read up on players’ opinions, but until I see a few hundred Steam reviews I’m worried the current hype is just a vocal minority of cultists trying to support the game before release.

Unfortunately it looks like the Xbox was the only time they did the cool Dynasty Warriors/strategy hybrid. The original game was an RTS, the 360 one and this both appear to be underbaked ARPGs.

I have no interest in this game really, but the trailer made me smile:

Why does everybody link to these games already in the Cart? You can just link to the store page, right? Am I missing something?

If you click on the image on the left it will take you to the store page. If you click the green button it will add it to your cart.

Yeah the Buy on Steam button is a functional Steam button for adding it to your cart.

Aha! There is equilibrium in the world once again. thx

I don’t quite understand what is being sold with b-b-b-b-batmuuuud. Is the client on display on the screenshots offered with the purchase?
And steam is dead, yay!

“Seek vengeance on the gluttonous grey squirrel”?! Oh yeah, I’ve lost so many peaches to those little fuckers and I recently had to take down our red maple because their nesting rotted it.

My wife hates guns so I can’t shoot them so I can work out my shit with Chipmonk.

@Bobtree you are better than a therapist.

Just think if Tom had a wife that hated guns… that’d either be the shortest marriage in the universe or we’d all we watching chipmunks 3 times a week.

The client must be what they are selling. You could use telnet for free. Sheesh, I haven’t played Batmud in well over 20 years.

Do we have a MUD thread? I want to explore that genre.

Yeah, my sheltie wants me to get this game for him. Gentlest little dog you’ll ever meet, until he sees a squirrel. :)

This one has a launch SNAFU. They say it’s releasing on Monday, but you can ask for a Steam key to demo the full game until then. Details here. “It’s like Risk meets Civilization, garnished with Hearthstone-style units and steeped in the Cthulhu mythos.”

Edit: I see it’s up with a price now and the “ask for a demo” news post was deleted.

Tom better stream that Pottery game one night.

So say we all!