Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Let’s juice this thread up with a chat about Not on Steam games.

The first game that caught my eye was Tiny Barbarian DX. It’s an attractive 2D pixel platformer with melee combat and boss fights. I was instantly intrigued by the trailer. Unfortunately most of the gameplay videos on YouTube seem to be the early boring levels. This is the type of game that isn’t necessarily good just because it looks good. It has to be good too. It’s hard to tell from the videos. Did anyone play it from the Kickstarter?

The more immediately exciting game I noticed was Aces Wild. It’s a beat-em-up that I’ve seen described as bullet hell, 2D Bayonetta, and Super Smash Bros Melee all rolled into one. I only understand one and a half of those. It’s designed around a risk-reward scoring system. It sounds incredibly difficult, but getting better seems to be the point. I’m almost 99% sure I will try this after my great luck with One Finger Death Punch, even though that game was much simpler.

I wish you guys at QT3 would stop playing MMOs and AAA console games and hardcore strategy and keep me abreast of PC brawlers. Come on! Or RPS could stop telling me about junk games and social drama. The weird thing is I somehow knew about this game in 2009:

Yet I was surprised when I saw it on notonsteam.com today. I must have seen it on TIGSource and forgot about it due to the long development time. Also, it doesn’t appear to use both analog sticks. Not sure what I was thinking.

Anything else catch your eyeballs?