Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

A little bit like Super Mario Odyssey, but if you played Cappy?

Just entered EA with a 20% discount:

According to @LordGek, it’s by the Fate Hunters dev, but self-publishing this time.

Samsptra’s LP:

You guys. I’m only a couple of races in, but this is DELIGHTFUL.

dystopian roguelite combat racing game

Now there’s a phase I never expected to see

Great, now they need to spin that phrase into a remake of this gem!

You guys. You. Guys.

You refill your nitro meter by running over pedestrians.

There’s a pedestrian cannon that fires exploding pedestrians. You reload it by driving over and living or dead pedestrian.

The AI is brutal, especially in races with weapons enabled. Weapons include nail guns and machine guns.

You’re sometimes given missions, such as damage a rival so they end in the bottom six, or for you yourself to end in the bottom six.

If I didn’t have a stream in a little bit I’d still be playing. I had to force myself to stop.

This might be my favorite racing game ever.

Sounds like a modern Carmageddon that’s better than actual modern Carmageddon.

I would actually agree with that.

Interest piqued. I loved Carma back in its day, didn’t really get on with the revival.

The physics are also pitch perfect between arcade and sim. I’m usually terrible at drifting but I LOVE it in this game.

I have watched videos a bit, and this looks stupid and fun, like Death Rally if it was playable, or Carmageddon if the race was actually part of the goals.

Why not stream this instead of some IGI 3 ¬_¬

We have Dying Light co-op tonight, which we love, plus it’s the start of the 5th anniversary event.

If this is like Death Rally, then I’m so on board. I loved that game…

One of my favorite arcade games ever 👍

Mine too. My best friend and I would routinely visit a local Shakey’s Pizza just to play this game (we actually had an array of arcade games all over town we’d visit in a night, in donut shops, pizza parlors, mini golf places, etc). I miss the pizza, I miss the game, and I miss my friend.

It really is like Death Rally mixed with Carmageddon mixed with some actual racing. It’s wonderful.

Faeria is now free via Epic Games. Get it get it get it.

DLC costs extra but you do not need to it get a heck of a lot of entertainment from this game, single player or multiplayer or even coop. In my favourite mode - using draft decks - all cards are available to you without restriction (other than what gets randomly offered to you for selection).

Get it, play it!

I thought that game was free to play? I sure own it without having ever buying it on Steam.

It has a varied history but for several years now has required purchase. At some point it converted from free to play to paid-for. You probably had it prior to that conversion and received a ‘gift’ of the base game.

Since the conversion to paid-for the base game gets you all the modes and a core card set and DLCs add in extra cards. Regardless, once you purchase, that is it. No microtransactions. There is in-game currency earned through various gaming that you can buy cosmetics with, but once you buy the base game (or get it free) or a DLC you own everything that comes with it.