Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Sounds like a modern Carmageddon that’s better than actual modern Carmageddon.

I would actually agree with that.

Interest piqued. I loved Carma back in its day, didn’t really get on with the revival.

The physics are also pitch perfect between arcade and sim. I’m usually terrible at drifting but I LOVE it in this game.

I have watched videos a bit, and this looks stupid and fun, like Death Rally if it was playable, or Carmageddon if the race was actually part of the goals.

Why not stream this instead of some IGI 3 ¬_¬

We have Dying Light co-op tonight, which we love, plus it’s the start of the 5th anniversary event.

If this is like Death Rally, then I’m so on board. I loved that game…

One of my favorite arcade games ever 👍

Mine too. My best friend and I would routinely visit a local Shakey’s Pizza just to play this game (we actually had an array of arcade games all over town we’d visit in a night, in donut shops, pizza parlors, mini golf places, etc). I miss the pizza, I miss the game, and I miss my friend.

It really is like Death Rally mixed with Carmageddon mixed with some actual racing. It’s wonderful.

Faeria is now free via Epic Games. Get it get it get it.

DLC costs extra but you do not need to it get a heck of a lot of entertainment from this game, single player or multiplayer or even coop. In my favourite mode - using draft decks - all cards are available to you without restriction (other than what gets randomly offered to you for selection).

Get it, play it!

I thought that game was free to play? I sure own it without having ever buying it on Steam.

It has a varied history but for several years now has required purchase. At some point it converted from free to play to paid-for. You probably had it prior to that conversion and received a ‘gift’ of the base game.

Since the conversion to paid-for the base game gets you all the modes and a core card set and DLCs add in extra cards. Regardless, once you purchase, that is it. No microtransactions. There is in-game currency earned through various gaming that you can buy cosmetics with, but once you buy the base game (or get it free) or a DLC you own everything that comes with it.

It has a varied history but for several years now has required purchase. At some point it converted from free to play to paid-for. Since then the base game gets you all the modes and a core card set and DLCs add in extra cards. Regardless, once you purchase, that is it. No microtransactions. There is in-game currency earned through various gaming that you can buy cosmetics with, but once you buy the base game (or get it free) or a DLC you own everything that comes with it.

This is a followup to First Strike: Final Hour

This is a clever turn-based building game set on Mars. Be warned: It’s pretty tricky, and unless I’m missing something in the mechanics, it currently plays like a game of jumping over increasingly high hurdles, desperately hoping after each one that you’ll recover the energy for one more jump… until you don’t. It’s still in development, but seems to me to be worth keeping an eye on. And at $5 right now, it might be the time to snag it:

sorry, forgot to thank you for the explanation

VirtuaVerse, a cool looking cyberpunk point-and-click adventure game, is releasing May 12. The last adventure-style game I enjoyed was Night in the Woods, but I’m kinda interested in checking this one out.

Have you been playing DemonCrawl. I have been there last couple of days and there’s a staggering amount of stuff crammed into this game. Items and classes to unlock. Modes to unlock, etc. it’s infuriatingly hard at times, yet I keep playing