Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

I’m playing more of Dysmantle. I dont know what I was expecting, but this plays like a slow life sim. The combat and survival is basically ancillary to the crafting, and zombies are really only as much of a threat as you want them to be. Last session I got a fishing rod and checked out the local waterways. It’s a relaxing zombie-themed life sim and I’m here for it.

I’m kind of interested in it but I get the impression it will get boring fairly quickly…?

That was my experience with it, although far be it from me to dismiss a survival game as “boring”. Some people have a much higher threshold for survival busywork, but Dysmantle seems to consist almost entirely of survival busywork. Which is fine if that’s the kind of game you want to play, but not at all what I was hoping 10 Ton would make. This is the latest from the guys who did super-addictive fast-paced twin-stick shooters like Neon Chrome, Jydge, and Tesla vs. Lovecraft, all of which I played extensively? Yeesh.

-Tom

Thank you. Yeah, that’s certainly the impression I had from the videos I’ve watched.

Disciples-like retro TBS.

This looks very interesting, but the premiere video (horribly voiced) makes it pretty clear this is EA without the EA label.

How so? I think it’s fitting. It’s just very crazy overall.

Did you like Cryptark? I sure did. Did you know the same developers did a really cool Ancient Greek-themed Metroidvania called Apotheon? They’re a team out of Toronto called Alientrap and I suspect they’re very busy these days because their newest game is out next week:

-Tom

I did. I did. I did not!

Wytchwood is a crafting adventure game

I’ll forget having read that when I’ll buy it!

Are you saying this is not releasing into early access, and it has full controller support day 1? Very interested!

Those dudes are too good to be influenced by gaming suckers!

A look at Wytchwood… she stops right where you get into what I assume is the main game:

This just released today and the reviews are pretty glowing

Thoughts?

I’m optimistic about Fights in Tight Spaces! Still in the tutorial but seems very smart.

Mechajammer seems like clunky trash though, sadly.

I played it a while back and had a great time with it. Very elegant game.

I bought it way back, but I was waiting for 1.0. I might install it today, since FFXIV is in maintenance right now. ;)

I watched a fair bit of video awhile back. If you like the idea of Into the Breach as a deckbuilder, with visuals by way of Superhot, you will probably like it.

Things could have changed, but at the time, opportunities to tweak your deck were pretty limited, compared to the average deckbuilder.

I bought this recently and while I haven’t played a huge amount yet, this does still seem to be the case. However that doesn’t stop it being a very fun game, I’d definitely recommend it to anyone curious.

Played a good bit of FITS (Fights In Tight Spaces) yesterday and yeah, it’s really fun. In a way, it’s what John Wick Hex should have been. ;)

hoho, I liked John Wick despite its issues, ok Im sold now…:)