Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

I see that moss_icon and thischarmingman have already mentioned Norco, but I had missed hearing about it until some rave review dropped today. I think I’ll need to check this out pronto.

It’s on Game Pass just in case people didn’t know

Really enjoying this so far, a couple of hours in - inventive, and at the moment has the difficulty curve pitched well: only one optional puzzle so far has completely stumped me, but the rest do that great thing of making you feel smart for puzzling them out while teaching you new techniques. I’ve no doubt it will get trickier later on though. Recommended!

Please join me in the puzzle thread, I feel lonely there ;_;

Which puzzle thread?

This one!

I’d somehow missed that thread until now! Pleased to see others enjoying the game too :)

Was I the only one hoping for arkanoid-style gameplay?

Anyone checked out this xcomy indie? Thinking for 10 bucks I might even though it is EA (ugh):

I got it but I’ve not tried it yet. If I boot up my PC this weekend I’ll give it a whirl.

The Switch has stolen his heart!!

Well it allows me to game while hanging out with the wife as we watch stuff together so it’s a win win really.

I’m looking forward to the day she will glance over and the Switch will steal your wife’s heart!

Nah, the Switch has too many buttons for her liking.

So has anyone tried out this roguelite card game Forward: Escape from the Fold? I’ve been playing it a bit and it’s a quick game, light but strategic and pretty enjoyable so far. The gameplay is pretty lean: you move through an array of cards, with up to 3 cards to per row, picking one card in each row, which can hurt you, buff you, give you resources or give you the chance to buy/receive an inventory item. You also have a single spell per character you can fire off when you get enough mana. It is very simple and yet the depth is in all the ability, card, and inventory combos. So far, it’s giving me a very satisfying and crunchy “Oh I bet I could combo THIS with THAT” kind of feel.

Only $9 on Steam atm:

Saw a video for that game in my feed earlier, but hadn’t watched it yet. Will have to check it out.

Seeing the gameplay for Forward made me want to re-install Frost and play that.

I’m playing Norco on Gamepass, and I expect I’ll have more to say later, but for all the comparisons being made with Kentucky Route Zero, it’s also a lot more like a standard adventure game. Yeah, the world is a surreal blend of sci-fi and mysticism and metanarrative, but there’s also a mystery to pursue and puzzles to solve and systems to interact with. I’d call it one part Kentucky Route Zero, one part Disco Elysium (in the writing style), and one part Unavowed. So far, so good!

Okay, Forward looks fantastic! This is the sort of game I just love, with many small interesting, tactical decisions. Just as you said, it’s very simple, but there’s clearly all kinds of synergies like you’d expect from a Slay the Spire or whatnot.

I’ve played other tile or cards based games that are had similar movement and combat, but not with the depth this has.

This is soared to be coming to iOS, but I’m going to buy it on pc to spur development.

@Sharpe i think you should start a thread to bring attention to it