Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

I don’t know, the absolutely incoherent English in the game description is not inspiring much confidence for taking a chance on it.

I bought it, but haven’t had a chance to play yet.

In-game, my experience is that the story narrative is entirely understandable, and most of the ability / equip descriptions are clear. There are some exceptions, but few.

This is interesting, looks like Road 96 is getting a prequel but the gameplay looks totally different from that game.

Huh, I had completely missed that ustwo had a new game out there. Maybe that’s on me, maybe it’s on Netflix’s marketing. Anyway.

I played it on Apple Arcade! It’s neat, a kind of psychosocial XCom, where instead of weapons you’re hitting enemies with dodgeballs. To, like, work out your inner struggles? I didn’t end up sticking with it for too long because it was a bit too much work to jump into each session on my phone. Might work better on PC.

Jett: The Far Shore + Given Time launched today. Not into EA but into a full-blown launch.

It’s a game where you spend at least part of the time flying a low altitude jet on weird planets. There are also adventure elements and there may very well be a lot more than this to it! I was intrigued when I saw some streamers playing the first 30 minutes or so a few months ago. It’s a gorgeous game.

Oh wow, I totally forgot about that game. I need to look into that.

Inkulinati launches into EA today. It’s a turn based strategy game where you fight army vs army by illustrating them on a medieval manuscript. If that doesn’t ring a bell, go watch a trailer, they’re cool!

Inkulinati is on Game Pass, as well.

Am I bad person for not wanting to play games on Gamepass because it doesn’t fill out my Steam achievvements? Or am I just a dummy for not taking advantage of Gamepass? My sub expired last month and I’m diddling around on re-upping it.

I realize I replied to your post, but I was just putting that out there as general info, to use (or not) as you see fit.

I wasn’t offended, I was just musing!

City of Gangsters is a free game on Epic this week. How did you like it?

It’s OK, but more of a logistics game than anything to do with organized crime. Pretty forgettable

@Sonoftgb I had the same opinion of it.

Anybody try any of the City of Gangsters DLC? I’m curious if it improves it any.

There’s a demo of Howl, the inky turn-based tactics game announced a little while ago:

From the game description:

“See the best minds of your generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix,”

You’ve just given me an idea for a new thread. Post a piece of a game description and everyone guesses what game it is.

That’s from Allen Ginsburg’s poem ‘Howl’, which I guess makes sense given the game’s name.