Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Thanks for posting that. This is just the kind of game I love but the on-rails design is something I hate in these games. I agree with the reviewer. You have to have more stuff to do than just one relentless mission after another, after another. They should have at least offered scenarios.

Tom is offering in his lottery for supporters. If I win I’ll post my impressions. This game sounds harder than Battle Brothers, gulp!

From the review above, it sounds like another game that I liked. Templar Battleforce. With fixed scenarios and RPG elements of troop compositions.

That is a great game that I need to play more.

Ditto.

Nowhere Prophet

Was made aware of it by this video:

Currently available for $19.99 during First Access:

You’ll receive a Steam key once it’s released:

Dev Update #1 after first week of First Access:

That looks AMAZING! Splat is wrong about one thing, though. I think the better comparison is Banner Saga, not FTL. But who cares!

Wish this were in EA on Steam, instead of on itch.io

For refund purposes? If not, you’ll receive a Steam key once it’s released on Steam, just as was done with Antihero (which had First Access on itch.io, as well, and went flawlessly (for me, at least!)).

Why? Itch.io is great.

Ehhh, I’d just prefer to not have to make an account at yet another place

It’s 2017, you should be over this. ;)

Nowhere Prophet

Hey folks. Demo here, the developer of Nowhere Prophet.

I know itch is a bit of a smaller marketplace, a lot of people don’t know of it or would prefer to buy on Steam and there’s ample support for Early Access titles on Steam. Yet I’ve actively decided against an EA release on Steam (for now).

Why?

I’m a small indie developer. It’s mostly me + a bunch of freelancers. So far the marketing things I can do a very limited and I can get at best one big push, I think. And if I can make a splash, the Steam release is most likely to be the point at which I can do that and have it have the most impact. So I decided to stay off the radar to make the game as good as I can be during the First Access phase and then to release it with a big bang on Steam.

Also itch allows me to do crowdfunding-like backer tiers, which I think is an awesome thing games can offer only during the Early Access phase. (Rimworld did something similar but sort of disguised at DLC and it’s all a bit hacky.)

Anyway: That’s the theory.

Also I can totally understand if you’re not keen on registering for another site. Just wishlist on Steam and wait until it is done :D

That said, is there anything else I can help you fine gentlebeings with?

Martin! Great to have you here.

We were just discussing other platforms on Twitter. I had actually come back over to the forum to tell everyone how responsive you were to questions.

@BrianRubin you are right, of course, and I definitely want to support the work Martin is doing, so I’m going to get that done.

@mysterio want to start a separate thread so development updates can be posted there? We could probably get a mod to move these posts over.

Yay! It’s really a great site.

I love this game. Turn based, party building, classic D&D classes. If you like that type of stuff, this game is great. Currently just a battle based game, with no adventure mode yet, but that’s fine. There is a progression to the battles, so for me there is already enough of a “game” there.

This is a perfect “have a cup of coffee” game. Easy to jump in and out of, and endless fun if you like creating and testing out parties.

Here’s the Twitter thread, by the way, in case anyone is curious…

I didn’t make a thread for the game, since I thought it was standard practice that an indie game isn’t “worthy” of its own thread until it’s released and deemed a quality title. But, please, if such a practice doesn’t exist, go for it! I don’t mind if someone else creates a thread for it.

And if you do @Misguided, do let me know so I can hang out there :D

I believe a game thread can be created for any game! @tomchick can give his final say. But I myself just make a thread if its something I find interesting and want attention and discussion focused on it, regardless of its quality and or release status. :)

We’ve had game threads for plenty of early access games. I don’t see how this is different.

@democritus I will definitely spend more time with it (I’m on the second map), but my son and I have been waiting for Destiny for months, so that’s a major distraction right now :D