Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Correct 32 puzzles , also difficulty options! @tomchick will hate this game.

GM2:I already have two difficulty modes - the normal one, which works the same way as in the original game, and the second one where you have to rotate pieces using mouse wheel (30-degrees step) to find a sticking angle (which would take around an hour to solve each puzzle).

Quote from the developer.

Ha, I didn’t even realize that was in the first game or I might have ragequit!

-Tom

This looks interesting. Already funded. Alpha 2 weeks after the Kickstarter ends. Attention @BrianRubin

Reddit thread:

This is out today as an Early Access release.

DasTactic did a two part thing showing Space Haven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdN1lxPo-rM

Did he like it? I thought it looks great in the intro, but I don’t Kickstart games anymore.

Yes, he seemed to like it a lot.

I’m in the same boat. I’d possibly pay for EA on this, but I just have too many unfulfilled Kickstarter campaigns to shovel money into another at this point. Still it looks pretty darn interesting.

Yeah, I’ve been done with Kickstarter for a few months now. It evolved into a pre-order platform, but it was never really meant to function that way. There are simply no protections in place for consumers–“creators” can commit outright fraud and Kickstarter will do nothing about it, nor is there really any legal recourse. Kickstarter is noxious and I hope it collapses soon. I won’t back a project, nor do I give support people (e.g. rahdo) who review/give exposure to KS games. I hate the FOMO, the backer-only stuff, the dribble of stretch-goals, the project bloat, the inevitable delays, and the anticlimax of actually getting the thing you pledged for, which very very very rarely lives up to the hype.

This sounds awesome!

Looks a bit like Overlord but Undead.

Exact same vibe I got. I’m curious.

Sold. Also paging Brian Rubin…

Thanks to @BrianRubin’s recommendation I picked Geneshift up on sale the other week and I have been loving it.

I’ve been pining for a Battle Royale game with bots since PUBG hit it big and this fits the bill despite being GTA 2D style. The bot coding/scripting is great and I haven’t even raised their difficulty level yet. The game has an excellent on-ramping system that incentivizes the player to try out the very broad range of playstyle options, tools, and weapons with little in-game achievements that it tracks (Battle Royale Challenges). Wonderful system. I haven’t even touched the campaign or PVP yet so there is a lot of meat here.

I have to say that my $10 was well spent just on watching the bots use the in-game chat. I cannot believe the developer spent time on that and I am so thrilled they did. Bots will use the chat during the game session, taunt, and say things like GG or GG EZ. They have misspellings coded in to simulate humans fast typing, they spam “NERF SKILLS PLZ” after a match, and even say things like “Shit I left the oven on, brb”. This stuff is gold.

I’m so glad you’re enjoying Geneshift! And yeah, the boys are astounding.

This sounds amazing. I need to try this game out. I also bought it based on @BrianRubin’s recommendation.

Yay, thank you!