Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

This just got a very promising preview on RPS:

They say it is like a fantasy RPG themed Spelunky with lovely pixel graphics. I wants it and so does @KristiGaines I’m guessing.

You guys, I lost an hour to this yesterday. SO FUN.

I played Noita a bit when judging the IGF, and it hooked me pretty good.

Third!

Tom Francis is a really creative individual.

Tactical Breach Wizards. Probably fairly early.

I admire his commitment to defenestration. And I love his games, so I’m in. ;)

Yes indeed. Windows = an abomination that has taken over our lives and must be stopped.

:D

Looks really nice, reminds me of Wizard into the breach

That game does look gorgeous! “every pixel animated’”!

I am looking forward to “Children of Morta” quite a bit. I am sure it has already been linked, but I will check above. I also like that 4 Days in A Wasteland game (just a few posts above), though I am not sure if the Steam version is the latest episode of if there are prequels.

OK that looks kind of crazy but fun. I’m not really a wizards and magic kind of guy but I think I’m going to have to check that one out on release. “Mahoney! You’ve gone too far this time! Hand over your badge and, uh, magic wand!”

Pictopix, the best nonogram/picross game on Steam, just got a another massive free update and a sale to go with it:

The new update adds “mosaics,” which essentially provide a framework for a large number of individual puzzles to create an even larger picture. I’m more excited about this than is probably reasonable, but I seriously love this game!

what

OMG WHAT GAME IS THAT I MUST TRY IT.

Fuck, iOS only!

I’m generally not a fan of the pixel aesthetic, but Morta is a big exception.

Tales of a Spymaster looks promising. In early access due out May 17.

Big Boss Battle describes it thusly “Eight Kingdoms are readying for war, you are a spymaster in one of those kingdoms; whispering in your lord’s ears, planting traps for your foreign counterparts, and maintaining your position of power within the court.”

Just watched a recent video for this (Spymaster) and it does look promising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3gjAvOnntg

Based on the Steam page, I’m thinking that a lot of important systems are going to be added after release though, so it may join my fairly long list of games to keep coming back to.

So I got this last night because it looked fascinating:

A roguelike shooter in which you have to climb to the top of a procedural tower, kicking and shooting enemies that get in your way. There’s so far a wide variety of enemies, some great uses of the environments, like kicking explosive barrels into groups of enemies, fun gun play and an amazing use of verticality.

It’s still pretty early, so there’s no progression yet, or bosses or anything, but apparently all that is coming. Right now I can tell you, even at this early stage, it’s FUN.

On sale:

I think take the slash off the end? Happened to me just a couple hours ago!