Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

They used the word club. Pretty sure it’s soccer.

From looking at the screenshots it’s clearly soccer rather than NFL .

Not just watch, he is hosting!

So you build a city and make it prosperous…

…so you can give a soccer club 85 million to build a stadium in your town?

85 million? Man must be nice to get off so cheap.

See? You TOTALLY get my thought process.

Oh wow. This is for me! Thank you! Bought!

Awesome, please report back as to how it is.

Will do!

Just got an email that Heaven’s Vault will be released on Steam and PS4 on April 16th. The main site site doesn’t appear to be updated with this date yet.

well I can say Road to Your city should be avoided for now if you are on a laptop. Its not possible to complete the basic tutorial tasks on a laptop as it requires holding down a middle mouse button while pressing keys. The key binding do not seem to be settable either.Anyway refunded, good luck to others who want to try it.

Thanks for the update!

Release coming. April 18th, 2019.

Three years later and I’m a lot more skeptical of indie games. I’ll probably skip that one.

Hey, when did the Little Indie Games Worth Playing thread get killed? I don’t approve of the hedginess of this thread title! Some little indie games are definitely worth knowing about and some are totally worth playing!

Well, I’m not ready to vouch for this game yet, but I did just play the first level, so I guess it’s in that first category.

Grizzly Games made Superflight, which I posted about a ways up, and is an excellent little gliding-around-rocks game with surprisingly great feel.

Now they’ve made ISLANDERS, and it’s out today for less than $5. It’s a little city-builder, although I think it’s probably most accurately described as a puzzle game. Islands are procedurally generated. You get a set of buildings to build and each one earns you points based off the other buildings or terrain it’s next to. When you get enough points, you get to choose a new set of buildings (each “pack” is very limited–just a handful of individual structures) and you need to squeeze those in in the remaining space to maximize their points. You keep doing that until you can’t get enough points with a pack to unlock the next pack, at which point you’re done. If you’re lucky, you’ve earned enough total points to unlock a new island.

10 days ago:

I guess this is now the Catch-all Indie Game Mega-Thread?

If anyone wants a new thread title… ;)