Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

The horrific concept and trailer for this game just keep making me laugh. I can’t stop re-watching it and chuckling. Send help.

My god, look at Aaron Eckhart’s mustache! Does he have that in the whole movie? How does it not turn Sully into an absurdist comedy?

-Tom

I don’t know exactly what I’m seeing here, but I think I want to see more of it.

One of the game’s devs posted this in the steam forum:

We combine in our game our main visual inspirations: strange medieval marginalia world, medieval stereotypes and archetypes, Monty Python humour and memes.

Me want. Now.

Same. Also reminds me of Rock of Ages.

Like Kingdom but without the one-button gimmick (ie the best part). Quite fun, parthfinding/UI could be improved but nothing major.

You have to build up your city/castle (in 2d) and then survive 13 nights of increasingly harder attacks.
I suspect it will soon be too hard for me, but for now I’m having fun (around night 5).

Thanks, you had me at Kingdom

I just got A Story About My Uncle. Neat game so far, thanks for the recommendation. I’ve got the others on my list to checkout as well.

It does seem quite different than Supraland. It is much more of a platformer and one of the things I enjoy about Supraland is the metroid influence.

@KristiGaines notified me of these fine looking pixels, game might be good also!

The title of this game is TOTALLY misleading:

we need wow reacts

Hmmm! Looks familiar…

I’m intrigued by Burned Land. Has anyone taken the plunge?

Fell Seal had its release today - any impressions thus far?

I have been looking hard at Fell Seal. The homage to FF Tactics is almost too hard to resist. I don’t usually scoff at graphics, but the way this game looks… it’s almost too terrible to handle. I’m going to wait on some reviews/impressions to see if the gameplay is worth it.

I bought it (Fell Seal), but it’s probably going to be the weekend before I have a chance to play. I did get a chance to mess around with it a bit at a PAX… not this year, so would have been East 2018? Even then it seemed like they were headed in the right direction for what they were going for, and that plus the good early access reviews was enough for me.

It’s no Hellfire.

http://www.railrover.co.uk/

To;dr I’ve been playing the early access version for a while now, and I really like it.

Lots of pluses for me as a fan of this genre:The combat is interesting, the game runs smoothly and quickly on my laptop, you can take back moves (but not “climb” which is an action) and the UI makes provides the info I want (albeit sometimes with a click or 2 more than I’d prefer.) since December They have made lots of minor balance tweaks And added some new content; the release version has seven maps I haven’t played yet.
The game Has a variety of set difficulty levels to choose as well as ways to customize it. You can change these on the fly. Right now I’m trying to pick a level to stick with for a new play through. Basically there are ways to offset the increased difficulty with more grinding so it’s partially a question of how many known story maps I want to do and how thoroughly I want to explore all of the many character class combinations. I’d be happy to answer any questions on but the short version is I really like it.