Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

I scored the 2nd goal only using my face. Defeated communism once again. :)

I’m just saying that if the ref had called that obvious handball, I would’ve won instead of Brazil.

But the next world cup was perfect for revenge.

That’s excellent. Reminds me a bit of SoccerPhysics, an iOS game that is unfortunately no longer works with the latest iOS. There’s a flash version that basically plays the same, though. (Warning: Don’t play one round and think you’ve gotten the full experience!)

Hi! I’m glad you’re enjoying my game, I made it in a rush during a 2 days competition (ludum dare) in 2017, now I’m thinking about expanding it (or maybe restart it from zero?)
Have you got any suggestions about it?

Welcome @rujogames happy to have you here. Thanks again for the game it really is a lot of fun. I would be interested in an upgraded version. Not sure what you can add though other than multiplayer.

Yeah, multiplayer would be the bomb (though kinda hard to do on PC at least). But I almost believe that the simplicity is the greatest thing about it, really.

Edit: Oh, and is it possible that you don’t get the winning screen if you play with Brazil?

A local multiplayer on mobile could be done by playing on the same phone and using each one a half of the screen to draw the movements

For a future pc(or console?) version I was thinking about changing the controls and switching to joypad controls, with left analogic you set the direction and fire it with, let’s say, X button
This way it could become more playable also for a console port, and local multiplayer possible (maybe also 2 vs 2 matches?)

Edit: you mean you won all the matches using team Brazil and you didnt get the winning screen? I think you should have… France should be the final…

I am not sure why you are trying to improve a perfect game. :)

Multiplayer would be good though, we could have our own slack league.

True!

Okay, so if we are asking for more, then I would like a women’s league, and at least one African nation.

You just want to be able to win as the US and not have it be a complete fantasy, aren’t you Dave 😉

I want to see Tobin Heath float slowly through the air behind the word GOAL in celebration!

Hit my goal of 10 goals in a match:

I’ve never been a fan of slingshot style (i.e. angry birds) shooting, maybe make a setting where you can switch it to just pull the direction you want to shoot instead of the opposite direction.

A tutorial level where the CPU opponent just doesn’t move.

Also some fun things could be mutators like:
hand balls are a foul
players take damage for hitting the goal or each other too hard

When you beat Argentina it says “Don’t cry for me” and other insult-y things

Yes that!

Kicked off a wave of buying board games.

Yes, when I won with Brazil I was put back on the nation screen, and nothing more happened.

This is the screen when you win against France:

Not a big deal of course, especially for a two day project of two years ago.

Wow that’s a bug! I was sure I did sonething to prevent this… maybe I forgot… Gonna fix it

Thank you for reporting It!

some nice ideas here, I’ll take note… Thanks!

Not sure if this belongs here or not… I’m not sure if a 3rd game in a successful series is “indie” but perhaps it is.

Anyway, Cook, Serve, Delicious 3 has been announced! Release date January 2020.

I loved the first two installments of these games (CSD 1 and 2 are currently $2.50 and $3.25 respectively, on Steam) and am really looking forward to a third. A bit of a scenery change, as now instead of running a restaurant in an office building, you’re running a food truck in a post apocalyptic America… but screenshots and trailers seem to indicate the base gameplay is intact.

It’s apparently in early access on Steam though I’ll wait until official release to play it. Pretty hyped for it! (And it will give me something to play while I wait for Animal Crossing New Horizons on the Switch in March ;) )

Cook Serve Delicious is the most stressful game I’ve ever played. I appreciate the concept but it is very much not my thing.