Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

It is punishingly hard.

That looks damned cool.

It does,indeed.

From the makers of MiniMetro!

This, I think I can get in to. I played a lot of Mini Metro and traffic sounds even better!

Sounds like it could be a more robust version of Freeways, which was a great, if frustrating game:

I think this means I must get Apple Arcade now.

Aeon’s End is out of EA as of today.

Simple little game, but quite insightful.

Local co-op only. It’s like I died and went back to the 90s. What the deal with the board/card game digital adaptions not having online play and stripping the AI if they do (obviously not applicable to Aeon’s End but still!)?

Online is complicated and hard. They’ve said that it’s on the list of future additions, though.

Disco Elysium (formerly No Truce for the Furies), a CRPG with about a drunken detective that’s been in the works for over a decade, is releasing on October 15th. Originally Humble Bundle were going to be publishing, but now the studio will be self-publishing the game.

Well that is one heck of a better game name.

And yet hearing “Disco Elysium” makes me imagine Matt Damon, with an exoskeleton, dancing like John Travolta in “Saturday Night Fever”.

I thought it was so much better before, personally.

https://www.gog.com/game/little_misfortune

Also!

https://www.gog.com/game/jenny_leclue_detectivu

Wow, why have I not heard of this game? I may have to play it just for the artwork alone. Really cool stuff.

I don’t think there are any posts here about Wanderlust Travel Stories yet. It’s from former Witcher and Hitman devs. Reminds me a bit of 80 Days from the limited gameplay I’ve seen. You select from different ‘stories’ to play, each involving travel to a different place (I’ve seen Barcelona, Thailand, Antarctica, a hike through parts of Africa) with a branching narrative based on what you select. The options are fairly mundane, mostly where you go in those places and how you get there while managing your stress and money. So, it’s not quite the Verne-inspired adventure game 80 Days was, but I’m okay with that. I imagine its appeal will hinge on how strong and/or immersive the writing is. It’s out next week for $20. I’m intrigued, but will likely wait for the winter holidays to get it.

Nice find. Love the concept of this.