Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Jeff Vogel’s new Spiderweb RPG. FYI. Out today!

Fuck yea, nice surprise.

Is this a new IP or related to an existing Spiderweb universe?

It’s new, planned to be a trilogy.

Never tried a Spiderweb game but the collective enthusiasm has convinced me to give Queen’s Wish a try. I bought it from the developers website. They have a phone number you can call to order the game. Charmed.

And there is a demo.

Anyone try the demo for this?

I haven’t, but that may be the first Humble-published game I’m interested in before it got bundled for me.

Why are the suns crying? Was someone mean to them?

That does look intriguing, but I’m not sure hexes have any business being in the same game as continuous time gameplay. It’s freaking me out a little.

-Tom

I played a bit of this for the IGF competition, but didn’t get very far. It’s got come cool things going for it. Evocative art, as you can probably tell. The story is pretty intriguing (if explicated a little ploddingly sometimes). I liked some of the strategic-level game mechanics. However, the tactical combat, at the time, was a bit confusing and not a lot of fun. That was almost a year ago, so they’ve had plenty of time to tune and improve stuff.

The game I’d say it most resembles is Out There:

It is punishingly hard.

That looks damned cool.

It does,indeed.

From the makers of MiniMetro!

This, I think I can get in to. I played a lot of Mini Metro and traffic sounds even better!

Sounds like it could be a more robust version of Freeways, which was a great, if frustrating game:

I think this means I must get Apple Arcade now.

Aeon’s End is out of EA as of today.

Simple little game, but quite insightful.

Local co-op only. It’s like I died and went back to the 90s. What the deal with the board/card game digital adaptions not having online play and stripping the AI if they do (obviously not applicable to Aeon’s End but still!)?