Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Hmm, online multiplayer only? Seems like an odd design choice.

-Tom

The demo allows for single player against bots, so I assume the full game does as well. I was hoping for another Gremlins, Inc, but it just didn’t grab me. I only lasted a couple of turns into the tutorial.

devwind [developer] Apr 27 @ 12:54am

So, answer is yes, you can play with your wife using the custom room mode, here is how it works:
You create a room with an id, and your family/friends can use the id to join your room. It’s sort of like LAN but the difference is we are hosting the server, and you can do this with friends over the internet :)

Like you said, hidden cards is indeed an issue for couch play. Though I definitely get what you are saying, it is a bit inconvenient to play this with your wife over two different PCs. Right now the the game is more suited towards voice chat over the internet kind of scenario.

Noted on the controller support. We’ll bump it up the priority list.

Side note. I’m a big Factorio fan.

Play with just friends… hmmm.

Looks like crossroads inn is getting slammed on the steam reviews for being unfinished.

It isn’t listed as early access.

The game is actually version 0.8.x

Yikes.

Ooh, @Bobtree, you’ve done it again! That looks really co–

GAH!

-Tom

I just discovered another very promising game!

It’s called Trick Tom Chick To Click On An Early Access Title.

Oh I’m totally buying AEU. That so looks like my jam…

Ditto.

This game looked interesting enough for me to investigate it a little deeper. Turns out info is a bit hard to find. There’s one Steam review, one terrible gameplay video, and one post in the Steam discussion forum for it. And that post is by @tomchick, who points out that the game won’t start.

Yeah, the game looks … not fantastic, yet. However, the description got my mind racing with possibilities;

The vanguard of an alien force lands, and you have only your trusty deck of cards to convince them Not. This. Time. What do you do?

“Hello! Would you like to play a game of Go Fish? No? How about 52 Pickup?”

al liked it.

To be fair to Horresco Referens, the game starts. It just won’t get past the last title card in the intro sequence. I can click the “Skip Intro” button, but it doesn’t do anything. I tried it a second time, got the same result, and uninstalled. I just don’t have any troubleshooting brainpower to spare at this point in time.

-Tom

Whoever came up with the term “postapo” needs to be severely reprimanded and possibly ostracized.

-Tom

I’ve never seen it written in English, but it’s a very common spoken word in Frecnh. I suspect the developer is from a country where it’s used.

France, man.

-Tom