Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

I’m so happy; all that vocabulary I’m taking from this place!

Oh this looks good!

@KristiGaines

MO: Astray looks super interesting to me. I can’t comfortably play controller-based games on PC though, so I will have to keep this game in the back of my mind for the inevitable Switch version.

Free Owl flight platformer:

This one reminds me of Desktop Dungeons, but it has an early access / price SNAFU / episodic DLC situation. The store page says the initial price (chapters 1+2) will be dropped to $9 for two months and then increase with each release. There is a demo and price/release schedule here, but I can’t make sense of the prices (maybe that chart is the total, or there is some translation or price localization error).

The game is so meta even the price is a math puzzle!

Where??

!!!

Oh geez, reading fail, sorry.

I just gave it a quick run, but it looks like a deterministic take on Desktop Dungeons. The fact you have to fight to the death strongly limits options.

From the store page:

A hack & slash-style puzzle game with no random elements.

Yes, what I thought. Back to Desktop Dungeons!

I was hoping Down Ward would allow you see through Gable’s eyes, like a flight sim for owls, which I could give two hoots about.

I don’t care what anybody says, I want to play Spellinkers.

Fantastic Creatures looks really interesting. Seems like the dev’s only offering on Steam, so I doubt it will land on Humble. I may pick this up.

Fantastic Creatures looks interesting, but I couldn’t get the video that shows game play to run for some reason.

I’ve got both Sparklite and Lootcraft and will be streaming them both soon.

The Steam forum had this Let’s Play of a beta:

Thanks. That’s the one I had the trouble with. Turns out the player didn’t like my VPN, but once I got it to work I found the narration annoying enough that I didn’t watch it anyway.

Eh, it’s $9, so I may give it a shot.

Your wish has been granted, Bee Simulator is out for switch.

But why would you play a game where using your only attack kills you?