Little Indie Games Worth Knowing About (Probably)

Thanks! That sounds great. A big emperor’s thumbs up to you, sir.

and hey, it’s not early access! Nice. :)

Got my second victory on relaxed difficulty with the longer tournaments challenge. (gives 10% bonus to score at the end, but each tier is five fights rather than three)

Lots of fun, I lost four or five gladiators this run. One of which wasn’t so much lost as… misplaced into a evil spell book. In return for a really nice trinket!

I’m sure there were no hard feelings.

Cool design detail about Tiny Islands:

You are playing Tiny Islands, right?

Sounds like a 2D Gladlius! Is there any type of unlock or overall progression system?

Constantly. It’s so good.

You unlock challenges, different rules to make things harder for higher score, an endless mode, and a higher difficulty setting.

As far as I know there is no progression system.

I watched a bit of a playthrough on Youtube this morning, and this game is really dark. I commend the developers from not shying away from the horrors of the Reich, but I found what I saw in the video so disturbing I’m not sure I could play the game. I may get it anyway as a show of support.

Every time someone posts here my wishlist gets longer. Hate you all! <3

Also this looks neat:

Review of Here Be Dragons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTeKqBeuGeU

Generally positive, with a couple notable problems.

This game isn’t new and it’s too cool to be on Steam, but something recently reminded me of it and got me playing it again (I’ve finished it a few times).

Hero Core is a black-and-white shooty-exploration game that distills so many great design ideas into a smart tiny package. In particular, it’s enemy and boss design is exquisite. I also think the art and music are tremendous.

And, Hero Core is free! Play it, you won’t be disappointed.

http://www.remar.se/daniel/herocore.php

Dark Souls meets Dark Messiah of Might & Magic. Kicking fools off cliffs never gets old.

Please Mr Chick @tomchick sir, can we have some more streaming please sir? I think you would be so good at Elderborn!

Well, I don’t know about this Elderborn thing, but I am going to stream some Void Bastards*, which I’m rilly good at.

-Tom

* speaking of little indie games worth knowing about

Wide Ocean, Big Jacket is a short narrative game that’s just packed with sweet and funny stuff. It was one of my favorite games from the Independent Games Festival judging, and got a nomination for Best Narrative. What I like most about the game is how it is happy to bounce around between characters and scenes and styles of play in order to tell its story.

It’s on Steam, itch.io, and Switch.

I finished it today, it took about six hours, and I legit cried at the end.

Ran across this in my youtube stream. It’s a roguelike that has artwork like Darkest Dungeon and a pathway mechanic that looks like Slay the Spire. So it’s double cool!

This is a streamer giving it a shot, it shows off the game mechanics, etc, pretty well.